web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
OP Offline
I have a basic knowledge of phone wiring.

I am working on a DVX I system. A new employee was hired and she needs a phone. She has been using voicemail box 117. So I want to have her phone also be ext. 117. no matter what phone I Plug in to the system right at the box and station 117, it works for about 1 minute then loses power. I can unplug for about 3 minutes and the same thing will happen when I plug it back in.

I thought it was station lock so that is turned off. No dice. any input would be a appreciated! I have a pdf manual, scanned in book and it's not much help, but it does have a mapping of the buttons for when I am in programming mode at station 100!

i should add that the phone DOES work at stations that are already working.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Sounds like you have a bad station port. If you have an extra port available, connect the phone to it and when it comes up, dial 636 + 117 and it will go dead then come up with that extension number.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
OP Offline
Thanks Ed, I was afraid that the port was bad. So when I use 636+117, it will reprogram the "new" port to be 117 instead of say, 120?

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
Yes, that is what Ed is saying. The old x120 will become x117 and the bad port (old x117) will become x120.

OP Offline
perfect that works for me! Thanks you guys, i really appreciate all of you and this forum! I'll post back with my results hopefully I'll get to it sometime this weekend.

OP Offline
i wonder if my luck is this bad? I moved the wires to station 115, since that is one that we are not using as well. when I went to plug in the phone at the walljack, it started "boot up" displaying the phone info, and then it sat for about 30 seconds and just when it looked like it was going to work it started making lots of static automatically 'dialing' and paging other stations on our system. is this another bad port?

i did check the polarity at the wall jack where the phone is plugged in and it is correct. frown

Perhaps you have a bad card or a bad amphenol cable. You have tried plugging a phone in at the MDF, correct?

May be time to call your tech out.

OP Offline
At first I did plug the phone directly into the fisrt punch down block to make sure the extension 115 worked, and i was able to make calls as normal, etc. Perhaps it is time to call the tech out.

The fact that it started up as normal, then made static and began dialing on it's own sounds like you are either:

A: Connecting the phone to the second pair of the previous station port and the first pair of the next station port. X115 should be showing up on the red/orange and red/green pairs of the 25 pair cable coming from the KSU.

B: You somehow have two phones connected to one port.

Both of these will cause the problem you have described.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Agree with ED
Sounds like split sta. pair, or as stated two key-sets same pair.

-TJ-
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,396 Shoretel
189,121 CTX100 install
187,421 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 144 guests, and 416 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024