web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
PMCook Offline OP
OP Offline
I swapped out a 616 Flex yesterday. Today one extension after another has stopped ringing. Yesterday they all rang, then this morning extension 10 stopped ringing, then 1 after another 3 more stopped. Currently only one phone will ring. We do get dialtone on all the phones. Everything works but the ringing. I tried shutting down the system and swapping out the programming module from the old switch and it did not help a bit.

Before I send it back as a DOA is there anything I can check out first? These are the 61612 phones.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
Did you try adjusting the top volume control on the phones? Have you verified day & night ringing in Flash 13 & 14 (I think)?

You are correct nfc, it is 13 and 14. :thumb:

Richard
AVAYA-NORTEL-SAMSUNG-PANASONIC-MITEL
www.acceleratedtelecom.com
Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
Bunnie:

Are there any DND buttons on the phones?? 630.18 states something like--The 616 Flex system is placed into night service by the attendant pressing her DND at her phone. I'm wondering if ---no stations were programmed for night ring--then she pressed the DND--maybe nothing rings anywhere.

PMCook Offline OP
OP Offline
Nope, no DND buttons on any phones. This happaned 1 station at a time. It started with extension 10, then 13 then on down the line about an hour apart. I used the memory plug-in module from the old system and that didn't help either. It's being DOAd and replaced for now.

Hey--from your Avatar--I thought you were someone else from California.
Eyesight getting bad. Hope everything works out OK. Good Luck.

Two things:
1) The Flex are VERY sensitive to wiring issues.
2) There is an issue with certain capacitors in the phones causing all sorts of issues. Lights flashing randomly, the phone grabbing lines and locking them up, and the phone going off hook on its own.
Try removing all phones and then replacing them one at a time. I very much doubt it is a KSU issue. I would first double check to make sure that none of yourpairs are crossed or shorted. Then start checking phones.

Another idea would be to make sure the wires on the jacks are correct. If you switch the yellow and black, it causes problems with it's sister station (ie: false ringing, no ringing, lights flashing, etc.) pretty much what you described. Otherwise, you may have a problem with the processor. Try defaulting the system and the re-progamming. There's a point on the k.s.u. that you have to short for 30 sec. or longer to default the k.s.u. Let me know how it turns out.
Bob

I have a similar problem with my Flex 616 system. I found a bad capacitor in the telephone. It was the 220uf 35v cap that goes between the center taps of the transformers. My KSU is supplying 38v to this cap. Has anyone else measured 38v between the data and voice pairs?

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Could be a power supply issue as well. Wiring problem at one station will effect the two extensions to the side but not all of them.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,297
Posts638,854
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,662 Shoretel
189,566 CTX100 install
187,846 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Carl Navarro, Yoda), 109 guests, and 277 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024