web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
We have a Starplus STS system, with an external digital voice mail system (a blue box which is hooked into the phone system). I am in the process of getting caller ID to work again (apparently it was working before I started working here). I had read about the CID module coming lose and and needing to be re-seated, so I checked that. But after re-seating and restarting the system, it seemed to go into a loop and never would actually startup completely. I had to reset the system to default, re-initialize and upload a backup of the database. In between the re-initialization and the upload I tried calling in and caller ID worked. After the upload however, caller ID has stopped working.

From what I understand of the system, all incoming calls are forwarded to the external voice mail, where a menu system (i.e. greeting) forwards the call back to the phone system. Hence, when you get an incoming call, it just says that it is forwarded from the station(s) that the voice mail is located on. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with the caller ID or not. I've set the appropriate values in the system for the caller ID to work (as far as I can tell). Can Anyone give suggestion as to what to try? Or maybe it can't be done and I should give up?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I'm not sure about the STS but on an XTS you couldn't get the CID information through Voice Mail until they released the new version of software 3.0 recently.

Did you test the caller ID before you had the auto-attendent answering (before the upload). If so yeah it would work, but not if the call is routed through the Voice mail. The Voice Mail doesn't pass on that information.

Not trying to confuse you but I'm guessing on the XTS 3.0 that the system logs the information before sending the call to the auto attendent and display it if and when the call comes back. :confused:

Not sure if they have an update for the STS tho.

OP Offline
CID is working when the auto attendant is disabled, so it must be the because the voice mail is re-routing all incoming calls. Never even thought to disable the auto attendant, just shows how new I am to all this. I'll have to take a better look at the voice mail system later when I get a chance. Thanks.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
So, the auto-attendant is answering all calls? If so, it may be picking up to quickly. CID information is passed between the 1st and 2nd ring cycle, so you must have your auto-attendant delay answering until the second ring.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Actually, CID follow-on through the digital voice mail has been available before the XTS even existed. It was available on the DVX+ and Triad family of systems for quite some time before.

I agree with what NFC has mentioned. It sounds as if the ring delay timer needs to be extended for these lines. We are assuming that we are talking about POTS lines, not ISDN. Correct?

When the auto attendant (voice mail system) is not answering, do you have to wait for CID information to show up after the call starts ringing? If so, then this delay timer setting is likely your problem. The system is grabbing the call before the CID information can be captured.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Originally posted by ev607797:
Actually, CID follow-on through the digital voice mail has been available before the XTS even existed.
Ahh confusion lifted. Srry for the bad info jp teaches me to type before I think

OP Offline
OK, just let people know, I got it working. I just had to just a delay of 5 seconds on all incoming calls, and now I get caller ID. Thanks.

No, thank YOU for following up with your results. It helps us to know that our suggestions actually helped. Stay in touch.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,297
Posts638,866
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,673 Shoretel
189,627 CTX100 install
187,864 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 6
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 151 guests, and 288 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024