web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Ted Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi everyone, I have a xtsc-ip with a in-skin hard drive voice mail. I've done something wrong again in my setup and I can't get email to work. I want the vm to take message and then send out to email customer. I've made it work on one other site a couple of months ago, but my memory is going faster than my age. I have the license for 5 and have four people who want email. I changed their class of service to admin and change email message to yes. I put their email address in DME and checked push. I have the voice mail connected to the internet. And thats about where I'm getting stuck. When I go into inskin admin, I can't remember exactly what to do in unified messaging. Their hosted outside of their office. I tried entering their info. such as vodavi.com. inthe return address domain. then tried mail.vodavi.com. Nothing. I changed the outbound smtp to smtp.vodavi.com and etc. The closest I got was and error message to the admin. email which was like Ryan @vodavi.com. I know it's hot out here and I had a long labor day but what the heck am I doing wrong. Thanks ahead for any help.
tedio

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

the outbound smtp server would be the smtp server of the ISP (ex. smpt.atlanticbb.net) this is what i have done in the same scenario that you have. Also did you manually enter the license in on the xtsc, by doing the s f (code)?

Ted Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi Oobie, thanks for the reply. The smtp may have to change. I played around with the system's license to get the locater feature working back in June, which they don't use. I got the locater feature to work so I assume I'm OK there. The troubling part is that the voice mail did send an email to the administrator. It was my test message to sta. 112. I assigned Ryan as administrator at sta. 111. He received my audio message for sta 112 and listened to it on his email. I worked on the system yesterday for about four hours with tech service plus trying different things. I will try the smtp thing tomorrow and hope. I just think I am missing some little something. Thanks for the reply.
ted

Ted Offline OP
OP Offline
I went out today and changed the smtp. No go. I called tech, they said without an on prem. exchange server it's iffy whether the isp will let it go out. The admin. I assigned in unified messaging gets error message for each of the four accounts and can open them and listen. The error mesage states that the senders address needs to be a fully qualified address. It then shows the failure as whatever sta. xferred it and then the pop server address. Anybody got any ideas or am I just beating my head against the Dam?

Ted Offline OP
OP Offline
Went out again today to bounce against the dam. When I leave the message from 112 to 111 the error says FAILED (504.5.5.2<112.pop.wcstmtls.com>: sender address rejected: need fully quanlified address). I am assuming that the ISP is blocking the message from my site like tech service said might happen. My office is only about 2 miles away with the same provider and it worked on one I tested back in June. Anyone with any ideas, I would appreciate anything.
ted

Ted Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi everyone. I finally got my email working. My config. had my dsl line coming into a dsl modem/ router switch. This is the dsl switch that I have for my VOIP card. I was given my own dsl line apart from the office so I would have a clean pipe for my voip phones. The voip phones work flawless. From there I have a patch cord to a Netgear wireless router/switch. I had my voice mail plugged into the wireless router. That was the problem. I'm not sure why, but I couldn't make it work like that. I have to assume the Netgear was blocking my vm from going out. I plugged into the dsl switch and reset the ip address and viola, it worked. I swear I thought I already tried that but I gues not. The only problem is that I have no connectivity to the office switch, therefore the client has no access to DME.
Thanks, ted

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,771
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,457 Shoretel
188,313 CTX100 install
187,087 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, Touch Tone Tommy), 167 guests, and 289 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024