Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
phwinmd Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello,

My name is Patrick. I am a physician starting a new private practiced in a building I just built. It has been designed for two separate companies to reside in the building but if my practice takes off, I may use the entire building for myself. That being said, I may branch off and start a different corporation to occupy the second half of the building that would require a separate name and phone/fax numbers. As it stands, I've 2 other employees, 2 phone lines, 1 fax line and I'm looking to install a phone system to handle calls to the office. When my practice takes off I will probably have 3-5 additional employees including one other physician in this company. I'm looking for a phone system that will work for us now, but is expandable for the future.

I contacted two local telephone installation companies who install Vodavi and Avaya phone systems. As one might expect, the company selling the Avaya phone system says I will be unhappy with a Vodavi system, and Vodavi says their system is more than suitable for my situation.

My contractor (for the building) is excellent friends with the phone company selling Vodavi and stands by their work. The company selling the Avaya system has a less favorable standing in the eyes of the contractor...either way it is my decision on what system to go with.

Here are the systems they have suggested.

Vodavi
1 x Basic STSe Gold KSU w/4 lines by 8 digital stations
4 x 24 Button Digital Speakerphone w/Display
1 x 8 Port Flash In-Skin VM Module

Avaya
1 x Partner ACS 509 R7.0 Processor
1 x Partner Voice Messaging 2 Port 4 Mailboxes
4 x 18 Btn Display Set
1 x 4CO Surge Protector (protection for phone lines)
1x 4AC Surge Protector (protection for AC power)

Are these sytems comparable in features? The warranty seems better for the Vodavi, but does it cover lightening protection like the Avaya system? Will either system work if I divide the building and run two separate corporations with different phone numbers/fax numbers?

The cost is comparable...I'm just looking for the product that will suit my needs best...and I'm looking for some unbiased 3rd party assistance.

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much,
Patrick.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
Originally posted by phwinmd:
...and I'm looking for some unbiased 3rd party assistance.
Well, I probably wouldn't be considered unbiased...

I've sold the Partner in the past and we are current Vodavi dealers. The STS will do everything you need, and we have them in quite a few medical practices.

Yes, the warranty is very good with the Vodavi, and we've only had to replace one (maybe two) devices since we started selling the STS about 3 years ago. However, the warranty will not cover lightning. We always quote lightning protection with our systems, perhaps because we live in the lightning capital of the world. Ask the Vodavi dealer if they have protection included in their bid, if not I would have them add it.

As has been said countless times on this site, the installing company will make or break the installation on either one of these systems. If you trust your builder, you may have your answer. Ask the Vodavi dealer for a few references in the medical field, and then call those offices. Don't talk to the doctor (no offense) but talk with the Office Manager. He/She will know if you can trust the dealer or not.

Best of luck in your new ventures!

-Larry

Duplicate post, same post is in Avaya. Going to lock this one so as not to loose Larry's input.

Retired phone dude

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,279
Posts638,739
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,291 Shoretel
188,177 CTX100 install
187,020 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 15
teleco 4
jc2it 4
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 132 guests, and 91 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024