Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#213660 07/15/08 04:41 PM
Admin
Admin
X-

Program the last station port as IST. Take a GOOD cord from that port and plug it into CO1. From a digital staion try to pickup line 1. If you get dialtone go to intercom mode on the digital set and dial the IST port. Should ring line 1. Try it on all CO ports, That will eliminate 99.9% of customer PBX issues.

[Linked Image]
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#213661 07/17/08 10:34 AM
Xcountry,
Seems as though the bottom line is that you have dial tone right up to the end of the mods on all four pairs for all four lines, correct?
Your third line will not produce dial tone (that can be heard) in any of the four co ports, and the other lines do, correct?

ComdialJim is talking about what was called a SLICK Eight. Now called an “AML” “Only two lines on one pair of copper today” but you may not have them. Verizon will only give you a bill if you have dial tone on the 21x with your test set anyway.

Anyway, you tested two KSU’s, and what are the software versions of both?
Make sure you have at least DD. (XAODd) or do an upgrade.

Try
1- One dial tone at a time in all ports
2- Re-initializing the KSU, and check dial tones on first station port with direct line access before programming anything.

Vg

Members may mail me through this board, thank you.
#213662 07/17/08 05:01 PM
OP Offline
Did both those Hud! Dont recall the software versions atm but both brand new systems. I have a vendor meet tomorrow with verizon. I will post results as soon as I get home!

#213663 07/18/08 01:09 PM
OP Offline
DING DING DING!!!!!

ComdialJim is the million dollar winner!!!!! Verizon is using "Lightspan" to bring dial tone to that area. Its fiber from the central office to a node were its converted to copper and sent to the dmarc of the site. He tested both new lines and both were being supplied by the lightspan. The other three dialtones were straight copper runs to the central office. So I had him move the first questionable number to copper and boom theres the dial tone. I reported it to Vertical but it didnt seem like they were interested. Either way the job is done and customer is happy!!! Wow what a relief!!!

#213664 07/18/08 01:30 PM
Admin
Admin
Yep Jim has always provided good info. clap

Ahh technology at it's best....

[Linked Image]
#213665 07/18/08 02:54 PM
I am thrilled to hear that you found the problem, but it is troubling to hear. About 75% of the new developments in our area are using Lightspan from AT&T. I know that I have some customers that use an XTS and STSe without any issue, but hope that it is addressed soon. I would like to put in more of the SBX, but the voicemail is a little lacking for most customers, and this will create some headaches if not cared for.

#213666 07/18/08 04:26 PM
OP Offline
CS we are averaging about two sbx installs a week. This is the first time ofcourse we have ran into this but the Verizon tech laughed and said better figure something out soon!! There was another post in this section of someone having same problem. He switched the sbx ksu with an sts ksu and the line worked. So it looks like its just with the sbx.

#213667 07/18/08 06:21 PM
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
X:

The telcos are saving money by using any form of dial tone delivery at our expense as installers. Thank you for keeping us posted because there may come a day when we can finally stand up against them in a united (and documented) front. Only then will they start to take us seriously.

Sure, this may be a pipe-dream, but still something that we can hope for.

There is one statement that I'll never forget and it came from Vodavi's former director of technical support: "It's always the telco, no matter what they say". He was right then and his words ring true to this day. Their stuff works when connected to properly-working service.

Thanks again for your persistence and follow-up. You have helped many fellow installers and it is appreciated. I think that most of us here agreed that the issue was with Verizon, but since they feel that they are mightier than God, it is our responsibility to prove their incompetence.

I sure hope that you bill the customer for this issue so that they can submit a complaint and receive a billing credit. Don't be shy.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,399 Shoretel
189,142 CTX100 install
187,423 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 118 guests, and 424 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024