web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hi,

There are 3 sections to the menu prompts in an STS in skin HD voicemail - Introduction, Body, and Instructions.

I'm trying to remember if all 3 of these can be used at once? I have one prompt with an introduction and instructions, and it works together OK, but I can't remember what you can and can't do with all 3. Seems
I remember some limitations. Does anyone know how these 3 sections interact?

Thanks!

-- Randy Starkey

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

If I remember correctly from the old DOS AVP/Infinite Voice mails you could not dial anything during the Introduction prompt but dialing was allowed from the other 2 prompts. In most cases all VM were setup with just the Instructions prompt recorded.
It was originally designed that the Introduction played first "Thank you for calling ABC company
Then it would play the Body "Our office hours are xx:xx to xx:xx if you know your parties 3 digit ext blah, blah, blah.
And then it would play the instructions which would be for sales press2 service press3 and so on. The idea behind this concept was that the whole greetin would not have to be re-recorded in the event you wanted to chanegs the dial options

Scott
I should spell check

Scott
OP Offline
Scott,

OK, I'll play with that. If anyone has the docs on it, that would be appreciated too.

I've gone from wet H2O to frozen H2O in my older days <g>.

--Randy

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,622 Shoretel
189,511 CTX100 install
187,771 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 173 guests, and 342 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024