Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Joe W Offline OP
OP Offline
How would be the best way to approach to having a few extensions setup without phones that will forward to a cell phone.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
Depends on the software version and what exactly you need to do.

If your version supports virtual extensions, you can set them up to forward to a speed bin that has the cell number programmed.

Are you wanting to do this through AA or live transfer? As Larry stated what version software do you ahve installed and is there PRI in the system? The more info you give us the easier it is to come up with solutions for what you need to do. Short answer is yes it is possible but how we get there depends on the system setup and S/W levels.

Scott
Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
Details are the key. Some ideas are listed above. They incorporate either TelCo Call Transfer or Trunk-to-Trunk tandem calls. If analog lines are used, TelCo transfer is preferred due to the db drop that otherwise occurs. Digital trunks don't have this volume issue. Basically,on the user end, you are looking at either Virtual extensions, Mailbox command files and/or Manual transfer. The TelCo end determines the line side application.

- Dave S. -

You can never appease your ideologue opponents.

Joe W Offline OP
OP Offline
It is on a pri and how do i check the version number on the KSU. I can get it work thru the VM system with the IVR. But when you push the VMS while on a call it xfers to the voice mail box

Joe W Offline OP
OP Offline
it is v1.11 p01-2fe2 Infinite basic yes and trying to have it setup as a external ext

I would recommend upgrading the S/W to 3.52 to get the most features out of the system with ease of use. The version you have does not support virtual extensions. The only way you can currently get the feature you want is by having a live person transfer the call or from the IVR (If it is a Pathfinder) is to use command files for transferring calls. Upgrading to FP 3 gives you the ability for virtual extensions which can be forward to a speed dial bin that has the destination number in it and the desk sets can have PRI pairing which gives the ability for the call ringing at the desk and a cell phone simutaniously. (PRI pairing also requires your PRI card to have 1.0E firmware).

Scott
Joe W Offline OP
OP Offline
Where would be a good outlet to get the software from

I would recommend getting an authorized Vodavi dealer to assist in the upgrade of your system.

Scott
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
I have to agree with Scott. The software upgrade isn't just a part that is purchased. It involves a series of downloads that are only afforded to authorized Vodavi dealers through their support site.

In addition, the upgrade from 1.11 to 3.5 cannot be accomplished in a single upgrade. I may need correcting in this assumption, but the system will need to be taken to 2.23 first and then to 3.5. I am pretty sure that there may even be another step in between. Version 1.11 is one of the earliest versions of software available on the XTS and many, many features have been added since it's inception. This is not a quickie upgrade for sure.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,835
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,643 Shoretel
189,526 CTX100 install
187,783 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 24
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (ALB300, Yoda), 142 guests, and 342 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024