Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#216510 09/29/09 03:09 AM
OP Offline
Hi Everyone,

My boss has asked me to do what seems like a few minor changes to our voicemail and I cannot figure it out. I am not sure what system we are using and I don't know how to find out. All I have been given is a Vodavi Station User Guide. I have 3 different phones (30-button, 8-button, and 8-button with no display). I am assuming the phone system is on the older side since no one here remembers when it was put in.

My boss wants our voicemail greeting to say push this extension for this person and so on. I know how to change the message and I have figured out what the extension number is for each phone (not labeled of course). But when you dial an extension, voicemail never picks up. It rings and rings forever. I am guessing I need to setup a voicemail group. It looks like they were setup at some point (when I dial a group number it is a different greeting), but all messages are still sent to the 100 extension.

Also, to record a message the caller has to push "8" (which we tell them in our greeting). If they stay on the line they will not be given the option to record a message. It asks if you would like to check your voicemail. But if you dial any of the voicemail groups it lets the caller stay on the line to record the message. We would prefer this to be how the initial greeting works. Is this something I can change?

I am very confused and have read the whole manual trying to figure this out.I am obviously not familiar with this system and would appreciate any help. Thanks!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#216511 09/29/09 03:37 AM
You are way in over your head and need a technician out there to get these problems corrected. You should not have to press 8 to record a message and it sounds like the VM is a messed up as far as the setup is concerneed.

Do yoyrself a big favor and check the find an installer link at the top of the page for someone in your area.

Scott
#216512 09/29/09 03:39 AM
OP Offline
Thanks Scott! I thought so, but it's good to hear that it wasn't just me.

#216513 09/29/09 06:50 AM
Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
It appears that you have a Vodavi XTS platform. ON this issue, a technician will be better equipped if he is a certified dealer.

- Dave S. -

You can never appease your ideologue opponents.

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,607 Shoretel
189,487 CTX100 install
187,695 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 149 guests, and 351 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024