web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#217669 03/19/10 03:38 AM
MnDave Offline OP
Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
OP Offline
Strange one: Customer wanted to turn off all AA + all VM forwarding. VM was only going to be available for internal messaging only. This was an out-of-town acct so all programming needed to be done via remote.

Edit here for clarity: I first turned off all CO PreSet Fwd. then I turned off all Sta Fwd. When that didn't work, I then did the following:

For all the following programming changes, I selected the entire range of CO + Sta ranges.

I removed: All CO PreSet Fwd to 450. All Station Bsy/NoAns Fwd. Set all associated PreSet & Fwd timers to 00.
Upon Testing, all unanswered calls still timed out to the Day Greeting (approx 16 sec which was what we had previously used for most timers and ignored our change to 00).

I then removed stations 150-157 from Hunt Group 450 & Disabled all Stations from the ability to enable the Call Fwd feature.
Then upon testing, all unanswered calls now began to be answered by mailbox 100.

The only thing I did not do was to reset the KSU. Dealing with this condition remotely required telling the customer to NOT answer my next call and since they do not have ICLID, they were anxious about not doing this too often.

Result: Flash VM still answered with mailbox 100.
FYI: The software release for both the KSU & VM is the initial release for both.

Resolution: I had the user remove the Flash VM board.
Again the only thing I did not do that I could think of was to reset the KSU. I did not do that due to the number of calls they were getting. Why they preferred Ring-No-answer to even providing a courtesy message was not my call to make.

I presumed that since all 8 phones on the system were assigned to Ring Day, that some forwarding from a station was triggering the direct to Mbox 100 greeting. However, after turning off everything I could think of, I was at a loss. Anyone else ever seen this? Can you have a Flash VM installed that is only used for internal memos? I could set one up here to test but I only STSe S/W right now.

- Dave S. -

You can never appease your ideologue opponents.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#217670 03/19/10 04:21 AM
Dave

I seem to remember something about the 1.00 were it forwarded off of the first assigned ringing station. You can test this by removing 100 from day ring and then see if it goes to the first station assigned to ringing.

Scott
#217671 03/19/10 08:37 AM
What would happen if you change the AA Start in the AA configuration to (N)? Never had this situation before, just a guess.

#217672 03/19/10 08:48 AM
Scratch that. It wont work.

#217673 03/19/10 10:56 AM
Any chance of CO Ringing Assignments directly on 150-157 and defaulting to the lowest numbered mailbox.

#217674 03/19/10 02:31 PM
Seems to me that the easiest thing to do was just change the ringing to sta 100 instead of going to 450 & make sure sta 100 is not forwarded. Delete the CO preset fwd. That should have taken care of the AA answering. Once that is done then you could do some of the other stuff.

#217675 03/19/10 04:44 PM
MnDave Offline OP
OP Offline
That should have taken care of the AA answering
Yeah, that should have but it didn't. Every related item was wiped clean. As I noted, ring assignments are now just to all 8 stations. There is no CO preset. There is no station forwarding. There is no Bsy/NoAns. 450 now has no members. Mailbox 100 now answers after something times out even though I have set all related timers that I can think of to 00.

One oversight was that I didn't verify what the settings for the two SLTs 148-149 were. If they had any Fwd setting or a VMID of 100, etc. But with all CO PreSet disabled and ringing only to 100-107, I think they are effectively ruled out.

I even thought it might be similar to the the old DHS where if a user with initial ringing decided to user fwd with a timer shorter than the CO Preset Fwd, then the new call would go to that station's own mailbox. However, this system now has no forwarding programmed for a station range of 100-131 and their user forwarding ability is also now disabled. They have only the on-board DTIB ports.

In this case, I am beginning to wonder if there is some type of dead end attendant type of condition that isn't documented since 100 is the attendant's mailbox.

Oh, how I wish now that I had insisted on performing that reset. On the older EX systems, when changes weren't recognized when they should have been, a reset would make it take effect. I'm pretty convinced now, that some previous setting won't let go until a reset occurs. Since the customer had to turn off the KSU to remove the board, it would have been simple to have powered it up for one last test. But talking an end user through this stuff when they are on their cell phone has its own headaches.

- Dave S. -

#217676 03/20/10 02:07 PM
I still say just program sta 100 to ring on incoming lines & test. If that fails you just narrowed your problem. If it doesn't fail start adding stations & see what happens. I've always been wary of wholesale type changes to try & fix a problem. I go the easiest way to start with & that works for me. Hope you find out what's going on.

#217677 03/20/10 02:59 PM
MnDave Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks Draynor and everyone for your ideas. If I were on site, I would definitely have the luxury of a systematic approach. Since testing at each step requires calling and asking them to ingnore my next call (and they don't have caller ID), the owner is becoming very short with me. I suppose I could connect remotely and wait until after hours (a retail operation) and then make all the calls I needed. But they aren't going to pay me for any more time, especially after hours, and I'm weary of "being good for nothing". Since they have now decided to live without any form of voice mail, I guess this problem is now moot. :shrug:

- Dave S. -

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,703 CTX100 install
186,793 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
2 members (Curlycord, dexman), 54 guests, and 245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024