web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hi, Fairly new to this bulletin board and have a question on my Vodavi Phone System.

Our old administrative assistant has recently left the office and we need to have the call forwarding that was directed to their cell phone redirected to a different number. I called AT&T and they told me this service was through the phone system we have and our "message center" associated with the phone.

We are using a 3015-71 Vodavi phone through most of the office.

Any advice on how to enter the "message center" to change the options or the call forwarding number that it dials?

Cheers :toast:
--Brad Krahel

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Are you talking about Call Forward on the phone or are you talking about Cell Notification when a new VM message is left in that mailbox? These are 2 entirely different things and will help us better understand what you are trying to accomplish.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
If it is an actual call forwarded to a cell number, then you simply change the number in the speed dial bin that contains the cell number the calls are going to now. If it is a vm notification you access the mailbox put in the password and change notification settings and follow the prompts to enter the new cell number.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
OP Offline
Call forward to the phone. How do you change the speed dial bin? It's an option in our current menu as such "...If you need technical support press (7)..."

and what is the "bin"

Not very up to date with the terms, sorry.

And thank you guys for the very helpful responses so far! :thumb:

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
The prompt 7 in your VM most likely transfers the caller to an extension that is set for external call forwarding.
The extension is forwarded to a speed dial bin number such as 9000 or 9001 etc. You can't forward a phone directly to a seven or ten digit number. The outside number has to be in a bin, a memory position. Programming speed dial number directions are in any user guide that comes with the phones. The guides are also available on my website.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
OP Offline
thanks derrick!

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,821
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,475 Shoretel
189,232 CTX100 install
187,528 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 8
dexman 5
jsaad 5
Who's Online Now
2 members (erniejoey, highlysecptial), 114 guests, and 98 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024