web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline
Can anyone give me a step-by-step setup for UCD on an STSe? I have the UCD answering, but the RAN plays once, goes to dead air, RAN plays second time, goes to MOH forever. Unless the call answered on the first time through the UCD group, the caller is left hanging. I don't think the call is actually going into the UCD queue, but I am not sure. HELP!

If you inadvertently lock your wife and your dog in the trunk of your car for three hours, your dog will still be happy to see you when you get back.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Need more info. How is the call initally getting to the UCD group to start with? Is the call answered by AA and then transferred to the group?
What type of VM/AA is in the system and what are you using for the RAN's?

Scott
OP Offline
Calls are ringing directly into the UCD and using In-Skins VM(550) for the RAN.

If you inadvertently lock your wife and your dog in the trunk of your car for three hours, your dog will still be happy to see you when you get back.
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Make sure that the timeout of your voice mail ran menus is set for hang up not transfer to operator.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
OP Offline
How does that keep the caller in the queue? Wouldn't that just disconnect the caller?

So what do you have programmed in FL 62?

Scott
OP Offline
The type is set to DVM.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Originally posted by Tim Hummer:
How does that keep the caller in the queue? Wouldn't that just disconnect the caller?
If your voice mail ports are programmed for ran then after the message plays the caller is put back in cue. If you don't set the timeout for hangup then the caller is transfered back to end of the UCD line, and that is not good

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

OP Offline
Thank you Derrick for your help. That did the trick. Now I only have one more major problem to overcome with this install. The problem is with my time control. It doesn't work. I have one time control with 4 rules and I have them entered in this order: 12:30-13:30 M-F (goes to menu with lunch message), 08:30-12:30 M-F morning (Caller to go to UCD), 13:30-16:30 M-F (caller to UCD), 16:30-08:30 M-Su (caller to after hours menu). Where should my time control be referenced when I am using a UCD? Under 'system lines' or 'menus' or a combination?

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Lines should be programmed for Time Control. Then program the time control to play the menus you want at the time you want. Your menus would direct callers to proper destinations based on keystroke. You do not need to reference the TC in the menu itself.

When entering event times in a TC they should be in chonological order by start time. if you don't enter it that way the voice mail will not change the menus.

www.myrandomviews

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,406 Shoretel
189,166 CTX100 install
187,426 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 138 guests, and 437 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024