web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline
Time Control is still not working. Calls are going to the UCD during the open office hours and during the lunch period and the caller gets ring-no-answer during the off hours. Any other suggestions?

If you inadvertently lock your wife and your dog in the trunk of your car for three hours, your dog will still be happy to see you when you get back.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Are all calls being answered by the voice mail first? Also any changes to a TC require a vm reboot before the changes take effect.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
OP Offline
I have done a complete shutdown and cold boot of the system each time I change the time control programming. The 4 incoming CO lines ring directly to the UCD group. There are some other lines that ring directly to appearances on the various phones. Only the UCD lines should look at the time control. The primary (VM 550)RAN gives the usual "we're sorry all lines are busy please stay on the line or dial 1 for more options" message. Dialing a 1 takes you to a secondary RAN (551) with more keystroke options.

If you inadvertently lock your wife and your dog in the trunk of your car for three hours, your dog will still be happy to see you when you get back.
Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
I think you would need to set the lines that now go to 550 to go to 440 instead. Then give them a VMID of a new mailbox that is set to run the Time Control.

- Dave S. -

You can never appease your ideologue opponents.

OP Offline
Are you saying that I should not be using 550 and 551 as menus? Is the RAN greeting not the same as mailbox 550?

I may be assuming incorrectly, but my read was that you have lines being answered differently. Some by UCD 550/551 and some that ring direct to other phones. What does a No-answer to those other phones receive? i.e: Is their CO PreSet Fwd going to 550/551 or 440?

When lines are to be answered differently, the normal method is to use VMID. Then the mailbox that is referenced routes the call accordingly. That is how multiple tenants may use the same VM lines and yet have their own company greeting play. Now if that is what you need to accomplish, a mailbox will not have the ability to actually forward initially to a Time Control but can forward to a Menu with a one second time out to a Time Control and it will behave as if it does.
If I am going in a different direction with this than you require, just ignore my posting.

- Dave S. -

OP Offline
I have 4 actual CO lines ringing to a 3 station UCD group. The other lines are OPX's from a PBX. The OPX lines are ringing on the UCD group phones as well as several other phones that are not part of the UCD group. All I want is the 4 CO lines to be answered by the UCD or go into queue if all receptionists are busy. The caller should also have the option while in queue to dial a 1 for more options. My time control has been cut to 3 rules: 1: lunch break (get menu with message to call later), 2: normal office hours (UCD), 3: after hours (menu message to call later or option to leave message). This all seems pretty standard to me, but I just cannot get it to work.

PM sent

Scott
If UCD member phones are ringing first, they will take turns ringing. You say multiple phones are ringing. unless you are utilizing Call Cover, how are you making multiple phones ring?

But lets just review the initial stage of UCD:
If callers are hearing a RAN, they are queuing. Is the RAN they hear assigned as the primary RAN? A primary RAN must be heard before any overflow destination and overflow timer is searched. The overflow destination will be a station number or pilot number.

[Edit] Scott: Sorry, I was tied up on a phone call when you sent the PM. I didn't complete my reply until later. Then I saw you following up on it.

- Dave S. -

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
If calls are ringing directly to a UCD and not through the auto attendant first, a time control may not do what you want it to do. When you say dial 1 for more options, what kind of options?

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,408 Shoretel
189,167 CTX100 install
187,427 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 109 guests, and 425 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024