web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
My question is simple:
How can you make the "MSG" button light up when you have a voicemail and when pressed, takes you to your voicemail?

The answer, I fear, is complicated.
First, I have researched it quite a bit, and as far as I know, it isn't even supposed to work like that. But it was working for the longest time on all of our stations. I don't know what changed, but now the MSG button doesn't work for voicemail on any station at all. The MSG button will not light up for a new voicemail and will not dial the voicemail.

I know how to, and currently have, flexible buttons for the voicemail, but I would still like to be able to use the MSG button this way (even though it is meant for station-to-station messaging).

I have the Vodavi Starplus STS system.
I have hard drive based voicemail.
I have the basic KSU, I don't have the upgraded eKSU

Thank you for your support.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Mitel, NEC, Vodavi
Moderator-Mitel, NEC, Vodavi
Does the flex button light up when there is a voice mail & does the display upper lamp flash?

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
The msg button will light up when you have a voice mail only if no other button is programmed for voice mail. This was the case depending on the software in the system. The latest realease will let you make the msg button the voice mail key, and will let you call voice mail even when there is no message.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
OP Offline
yes, the flex button lights up and so does the upper display light when I have a voicemail.

Derrick, it seems like you are correct. When I deleted the programmed voicemail flex button, the MSG button allowed access to voicemail only when it sees a new message.
You already answered what would be my next question too. I guess I can't get it to work when there isn't a new voicemail. I guess I will have to make the voicemail flex button my standard.

Thank you very much.

Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
As Derrick indicated, unless you have the latest software, the Msg key can only call VM when it is lit up.

- Dave S. -

You can never appease your ideologue opponents.

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,293
Posts638,829
Members49,768
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,584 Shoretel
189,465 CTX100 install
187,619 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 6
jsaad 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 134 guests, and 227 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024