web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#222282 01/18/05 11:41 AM
OP Offline
I've been shopping for a phone system for our company. We only need a 4x8 system at the moment, but with advanced voicemail features. I've looked at Nortel, Avaya, and NEC. Each of these have limitations on the voicemail side.

One installer recommended the BBS Telecom micro-Plexus, which seems to be able to do just about anything. Have any of you had positve or negative experiences with this system? Here is a link for the system specs: https://www.bbstelecom.com/bbs/plexspecs.html

For the price, it looks like an excellent system.

Thanks!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I don't know anything about that system, but the Comdial Dx80 and its intedrated v-mail might be worth looking at. In my opinion, Comdial has the most feature rich v.m around.

------------------
| Telephone Systems | Voice & Data Cabling

Admin
Admin
Agree..i sell alot of DX80's.

[Linked Image]
OP Offline
Interesting. According to Telephones.com (https://www.telephones.com/dx80/start.html) The price point is almost exactly the same as the micro-Plexus.

The Comdial, with 4 handsets and flash voicemail is selling for about the same price that a micro-Plexus system is listed for on eBay.

It looks like the Comdial has all of the features that we require as well.

Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
My opinion: stay away from them! We sold them for a very short time. We still have 2 or 3 out there. I'm sure they have improved in the last 4 years, but when we were dealing with them (and even still on the remaining ones), BUGGY!!! If I remember correctly, they were designed by computer programmers who had little to no experience with telephones.

For the money, and if you are looking for a good All-In-One, I would choose the ESI S-Class (or E-Class if size and features warrant), or, and I would probably place it below the ESI, the Comdial DX80. That's my two cents. I guess we just got a bad taste in our mouths for the BBS. Like I said, I'm sure they have improved leaps and bounds over the years, but I personally would avoid them if I had the choice.

I should ask what are you looking to do with voicemail? I have yet to see a flash based voicemail better than the NEC Aspire one...and this includes ESI.

OP Offline
I'm not looking to do a whole lot. I agree that the NEC Aspire seems to have a very good voicemail system, which would meet our requirements, but I've been having trouble with NEC installers in the Atlanta area.

We are currently sharing office space with a company that has a NEC IPK Electra Elite, which is very nice. However, they have had quite a few problems with the programming of the system. Other installers that I've called, failed to properly configure the dial by name feature on thier own company phone systems.

Here's what we need.

- Auto-Attendant
- Call forwarding to an external number (we have a sales guy working in South Carolina, who comes into the office for only a few days each month.)
- 4 port voicemail
- We are a technology company and we routinely have customers calling our "helpdesk". We need a follow-me type function that will find an available helpdesk rep after hours.
- Full-Duplex speakerphones (would be nice to have)
- Check VM messages remotely
- Ability to configure some features of the system via a PC. (this will help save on service calls to setup new VM boxes, etc.)
- Pager or Cell phone notification when a
new VM arrives.

I think that's all. Most importantly, I have an extremely limited budget for the phone system, and I'm trying to do as much research as possible to find the right fit for the least amount of money. However, I don't want to sacrifice reliability.

Thanks!

OP Offline
I should have mentioned the size of the system...

Currently, we only need a 4x8. However, we don't want a system that will not grow. I think we need something that will grow to 8x24. At that point, we'll be able to purchase a better system without a problem. It would be nice if expansion costs were kept low as well.

I think the Comdial DX80 would accomadate your needs. It starts with a 4x8 system and expands to 16x48.

------------------
| Telephone Systems | Voice & Data Cabling

Yep an Aspire would fit you great and the Aspire has full duplex modules for their phones. You can also get other modules like an IP converter to convert a regular phone to an IP if need be. The system is VOIP capable and able to grow to 256 ports. You can program the Aspire with their software they give you OR as I do real time programming via Windows Internet Explorer.

Good Luck

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  metelcom 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024