web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Medium Sized Company Scenario

Currently, we have an Avaya IP Office (406 at the main location and 403 at the backup location). We have 20 SoHos (growing very rapidly)and have severe QoS issues at the home locations. Avaya has stated that the issues can't be resolved. So, we are looking at other options. The Avaya CM3 has been offered as a replacment, but we are looking at other vendors as well. No one has stated that they can solve the IP phone quality issues. Avaya and Shoretel offer integration of a PSTN line in the homes into the corporate phone system. Mitel does not but states that they have no one with QoS issues using the public internet for calls. Does anyone out there have the same type of issue or could anyone provide feedback on the VoIP quality with these or other vendors?

snaps-snaps
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Clarification. Are these homes on a dedicated network or are you using the internet for these remote people? Realistically, the Tadiran offers both IP and switched network (yes POTS) capabilities for remote people. The switched is nice because you can tie a cell into the system like a virtual extension with their flexicall and irss.

OP Offline
The SoHos are on public connections...residential dsl or cable. Are any systems doing VoIP well...enough to stand behind their offering?

snaps-snaps
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
I don't see how anyone can tell you there will be no QOS problems for all of these SOHO's. You're going over the public internet, no one can guarentee that, IMO.

What type of incoming internet pipe do you have at the main office?

nfc is right. Anything over the public internet right now is gonna have issues. At least as it is today. The best thing to try, and I have seen this in other systems that are doing what you are doing is to set the phones at 7.29 80ms. It seems to help dramatically. This is why I like having a switched option as well using PRI and the phone network.

OP Offline
Business grade DSL 1.1 up and down...some say we should move to a "T"...but it has been very stable.

snaps-snaps
I would think that that could be part of your problem. 20 IP phones at remote sites and all of your internet coming up & down a pipe of that size? Of course, a T-1 would not give you much more bandwidth but may be more stable.

I'm sure someone with more knowledge on this will chime in. Just a thought...

what i got from the mitel forum is, that the remote-workers work from home has dsl and are on-call? i would go ESI 600 with remote cordless IP phones, they can be in acd or go IP2 feature phone. i would go t1 mabey bonded t1 if they are vpn into you for records and stuff. look at there connection speed. with any voip you could run oc3 at your location but if they are running dsl at 386 and downloading files and on the phone you see were your problem could be. the ESI remote IP2 have QoS and 10/100 switch build in. they run about 44k total with overhead.and you will find next to avaya, mitel, and shoretel they are worth a good hard look.

Martin Wolfe
Wolfe Communications
Servicing the North Bay
Sonoma, Marin, Napa, Lake, San Francisco, Mendocino
ESI, Avaya, Star2Star,and Toshiba Installer
I have to agree with Winetech, The ESI systems with IP phones are very stable and reliable. But of course the more bandwidth the better. We have several installations in our Ocala and Gainesville Florida service area with no issues, solid product and good pricing.

Admin
Admin
Wow blast from the past. The last post on this thread was 15 months ago. Please check dates and start new threads instead of pulling up old posts.

[Linked Image]

Moderated by  metelcom 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,299
Posts638,873
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,740 Shoretel
189,808 CTX100 install
187,942 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 21
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 154 guests, and 322 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024