web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
new2nec Offline OP
OP Offline
Hey everyone,

I am looking after our Elite 192 system here, and we are looking to get a PRI installed to replace our COID(8) and COI(4) lines.

I have been doing some research, and apparently, NEC has ISDN manuals for the other swithches like IVS etc. However, I haven't come across an ISDN manual for the 192/48 line. I already have the PRT card for the system, just not activated.

Can anyone please point me towards a place where I can get the Elite 192 ISDN manuals? Just what's described in the Features & Specifications / 192 programming manual is not enough for me to set all of the features and function of the PRI to make full use of it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dan.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

RIP Admin
RIP Admin
There is a Elite 48/192 program manual on the manual site that shows ISDN, T1,PRI programming. Don't know if it's the one you are lookiing for or not. It's 700 plus pages and looks like it covers all.

Russ runs a local service and private tech center.

[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com][/url]
the programming manual is what you'd need. there is a section in the back of it called guide to features or something like that. it will spell out all the programs you'd need to do in order to program a certain thing (like pri).

hardware wise you'd need a prt card and a clk card (unless you already had a dti (t1) or prt (pri) card).

also on a 48,64,192 system a full pri (or t1) will take up 3 hardware slots and can only be used in slots 1 & 4 in the 1st cabinet (on 192 systems) or slot 1 on the 2nd cabinet (192). you will not be able to use the next 2 slots for anything! on an ipk it's different it can go in any slot and the slots next to it can be used for other cards.

you also have a co limit on the 192 & ipk (64 trunks max i think).

new2nec Offline OP
OP Offline
dtmf:

Thanks for your recommendation, I already have the programming manual as well as the hardware manual. Compared to the ISDN only manuals for the NEAX2400 IPX family (316 pages for ISDN feature programming manual) what's available in the programming manual & feature programming manual for Elite 192's ISDN services are down right abysmal.

I guess I should use the other NEAX2400 manuals for clarification of how the features should work.

Thanks again.

new2nec Offline OP
OP Offline
chrislebeck:

Thanks also for your insight.

I have an upgraded rom to the 8000 series, and aparently, this series allows you to collapse the number of I/O slots required for the PRT() card. Now, instead of needing three hardware slots, it will only take up one. This way, I can make use of the two slots otherwise would be wasted with software revision 7000 & below.

I gotta read the S8000 upgrade manual to see if I still have to use the PRT() in slots 1 & 4 of the first, and 1 of the expansion cabinets only - or I can put them in any slot, just like the IPK.

Will let you know what I find out after I scan the manual.

thanks again.

if it's a 192 it's like a dti (t1) card......1 & 4 on the 1st cabinet then slot 1 on the 2nd.

on any 192 i'm pretty sure it will still take up 3 hardware slots

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by new2nec:
Hey everyone,

I am looking after our Elite 192 system here, and we are looking to get a PRI installed to replace our COID(8) and COI(4) lines.

Dan.
</font>

If you plan on administering this KSU remotely via modem, check out my thread:

https://www.sundance-communications.com/forum/Forum14/HTML/000195.html

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,097 Shoretel
187,703 CTX100 install
186,792 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 86 guests, and 248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024