Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#225993 07/01/04 11:09 AM
todd Offline OP
OP Offline
We've just had an NEC Aspire phone system with voice mail installed in our office.

It's currently fed by 8 POTS lines configured in a hunt group.

We were told by the vendor leasing the equipment to us that Caller ID was not supported by the phone system. Because of that we didn't order CID on our phone lines.

However, I've read the Aspire Software Manual and on page 110 it appears to say that Caller ID is, in fact, supported.

We've also discovered that the vendor has not really worked with this phone system before. Which leads me to believe that we were given bad information. Or are there other issues with the system that my limited knowledge would prevent me from knowing?

The general plan for the system is to have the receptionist answer the incoming calls and then transfer the call to the intended extenstion. Would the CID information go along with the transfer?

Right now, we've got the system set on night mode (the receptionist hasn't been hired yet) so the vmail automated attendendant is answering all the incoming calls. Then, using the dial by name directory, the calls are being routed to the appropriate extension.

According to my reading of the manual, in both these situations it should be possible to display CID information on the handset. Am I right?

Thanks muchly for any help you can provide!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#225994 07/01/04 01:32 PM
Yes the Aspire does do caller ID!

The DSP processor on the cpu board works with the line card and extracts the info.

It is all controlled via software.

It is best to have the software at 2.20 as there was a problem with lower versions and the display of info.

With voice mail (Aspire Mail) it will capture the caller id and read the number back and you can even return the call fron VM.

DJ

#225995 07/02/04 05:26 AM
If I were you I'd call nec and find a different vendor to service that thing for you. You got a good phone system, It just seems your vendor is too lazy to get the correct info on its capabilities, which are many. If you want to take full advantage of the technology you already own, find an autorized dealer in your area and get a reference list from them.

#225996 07/02/04 12:25 PM
todd Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you for your replys.

I had the telco enable caller id and we're now getting the information to our handsets when the call isn't first answered by the voicemail automated attendant.

However, if the call is first answered by the voicemail attendant (when the system is in night mode) and transferred by the caller dialing in the extension number, the handsets display that the call is coming from VOICE MAIL. Is there a way to configure the voice mail system to pass the CID info through? I know that the vmail system is getting it because the left messages now report the number they were left from along with the time.

Thanks!

#225997 07/02/04 03:18 PM
Moderator-Mitel, NEC, Vodavi
Moderator-Mitel, NEC, Vodavi
You have to set the voicemail to answer on the second ring. CID info arrives between the first & secong ring on analog loop start CO trunks. You must also be doing a 'release' transfer from voicemail.

#225998 07/06/04 04:38 AM
yup The good Doctor has it right, Second ring is the key. Also, IF you have Analog DIDs coming in then it will play havoc with the VM (found it giving out #'s recieved in other Mailboxes, or the last CID recieved by the system.)

[Linked Image from i26.servimg.com]
TouchPoint Networks.

Serving the Northwest Since 1991
NEC Shoretel Zultys T3 Tadiran
#225999 07/07/04 10:28 AM
todd Offline OP
OP Offline
We are answering on the second ring, and the voice mail does get the CID information.

I will look into the "release transfer" from the voicemail to the handsets. If the transfer is executed in that manner, the CID information will be displayed prior to the user picking up the handset?

Thanks!
Todd

#226000 09/24/04 01:44 PM
If you want the voice mail to pass CID info to your phone before you answer, you have to set the VM for unsupervised transfers. If it is set for supervised transfers, the VM holds onto the CID info until it sees the call answered.

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,835
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,643 Shoretel
189,528 CTX100 install
187,783 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 24
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 119 guests, and 279 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024