web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Putting together a multisite Aspire system for schools in the State of Washington.
Site "A" has only 1 PRI for trunks.
All other sites are to be networked VOIP to site "A". No other site has ANY trunks. (We did not design it this way it was mandated to us with much protest)
Problem: if someone calls 911 form classroom 308 at site "C" how to get the proper caller ID to 911.

[Linked Image from i26.servimg.com]
TouchPoint Networks.

Serving the Northwest Since 1991
NEC Shoretel Zultys T3 Tadiran
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Mitel, NEC, Vodavi
Moderator-Mitel, NEC, Vodavi
That can be tough. I don't know if the Aspire can control outbound CID like an IVS2000 can. You may need a couple of trunks at the remote site to handle 911.

The 911 call routing in the Aspire should be routed to local pots trunk at the originating system.

You can route it through the network switches via ARS routing but even with the main system using PRI the location code is going to still be the Main systems ANI address.

DJ

OP Offline
OK BElieve it or not The One guy at Field Engineering came up with the answer. In remote sytems ARS is set up with F-routes. Then to make it work smoothly, Set up 911 out on trunkgroup 1, then 1@@@@@@@@@@, 2@@@@@@, ect int the Dial treatment table on Main switch, then for the ISDN staion ID you can put any number in.

Here's the sticking point, I have heard of the PRI circuit needing to be set a certain way to allow extra stuff to go across it (like QSIG) ANY ideas? Calls to my cellphone work fine(except telco inserts an area code) BUT 911 only get the main trunk number. (Kinda wierd seeing a 6 digit number pop up on my caller ID Areacode+ext#)

TouchPoint Networks.

so how can you control outbound CID on an IVS2000? which command code would it be? can you somehow have the call display read 'restricted' instead of having a number?

I have no problems on my Tadiran systems doing the 911 thing with caller ID. I would think the Aspire should be able to do it.

OP Offline
I agree Coral, Just another Reason to Go Tadiran. BTW We did propose a Tadiran, but since it is a Washington State School thing they INSISTED it be a NEC product

TouchPoint Networks.

Well, there are always CAMA trunks.

dr pbx - i've really learned a lot and have very much appreciated this forum. when i have a problem i do a search and usually am able to find a solution - it's fantastic. because i'm not an official installer - am i not really welcome to post topics? i certainly don't want to overstep any boundaries or bother anyone - because i do sincerely appreciate this site - i just sort of feel like i've been blacklisted or something or am i just being sensitive? i do go through a local company for issues and problems, but there is a 2-3 week waiting period before a technician can come out (because they are so busy) - so i always try to do some research and studying to see what i can find out on my own. i'm not trying to take away work from officially trained technicians or undermind anyone - i'm just the kind of person who doesn't want to be entirely ignorant of a system that i am responsible for. i've even been considering to take the training and become a certified technician - it's interesting work and right up my alley. i just want you to know that i'm not some jerk that's just trying to get free help - i'm honest and genuine in my efforts. but if i'm just a nuisance here, i will go away....i'd just like to know either way. thanks.

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,624 Shoretel
189,513 CTX100 install
187,772 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 118 guests, and 345 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024