Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#22635 07/25/09 04:10 PM
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 105
billyho Offline OP
Member
OP Offline
Member
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 105
It would be nice if there were a Vertical Communications section that covers the SBX 320 and The Wave products as well as any other systems Vertical comes out with in the future.

Thanks
Bill Harding

Atcom VoIP Demo
VoIP Demo
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 15,345
Likes: 10
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
*****
Offline
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
*****
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 15,345
Likes: 10
Bill, this idea was thrown around about a year ago. It was decided to leave the category named Vodavi for the time being since that name represents about 90% of the embeded base. The remaining 10% can be addressed in the same category or the Other Systems category.


Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 345
Member
Offline
Member
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 345
Ed

Can't the name of Vodavi be changed to to "Vodavi/Vertical"?


Scott
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,124
Member
Offline
Member
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,124
Quote
Originally posted by OldH2oSkier:
Ed

Can't the name of Vodavi be changed to to "Vodavi/Vertical"?
Not that I give a hoot but that is just like Avaya-Lucent.

Seems to work there :thumb:

Joined: May 2002
Posts: 17,704
Likes: 9
Member
****
Offline
Member
****
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 17,704
Likes: 9
The difference I see is Avaya evolved from AT&T than Lucent same product different label.

Vertical combines two well known and different products as well as a combined product. I think this would be a good discussion for the mods of those two categories. Not that it hasn't been discussed before, as Ed pointed out.


Retired phone dude
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 15,345
Likes: 10
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
*****
Offline
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
*****
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 15,345
Likes: 10
I see no problem with the idea of the combo name. It's a sign of the times.

I just think that most people coming here for help own Vodavi equipment and wouldn't recognize the complete change of the name.


Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 7,056
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
*****
Offline
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
*****
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 7,056
Not that I have more than a passing interest, but does that mean a possible AVAYA/NORTEL forum would result if AVAYA really does buy NORTEL BCS for $475 Million? (Mwah hah hah hah, only the SHADOW knows!) John C.


When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,136
Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
*****
Offline
Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
*****
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,136
And what about Comdial? At this point in time, lumping all the variations of Vertical under one heading could be very confusing for many. This forum needs to be kept simple if it is to remain friendly to those who aren't trained technicians.


- Dave S. -

You can never appease your ideologue opponents.

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,399
Member
Offline
Member
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,399
Quote
Originally posted by billyho:
The Wave products as well as any other systems Vertical comes out with in the future.

Thanks
Bill Harding
:rofl: :rofl: Hopefully they'll all be as successful as the Wave!


_ _ _ _ _ _ _ __ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 10,631
RIP Admin-Founder
*****
Offline
RIP Admin-Founder
*****
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 10,631
If we did anything I think a New Vertical forum would be the best bet and leave Comdial for Comdial issues and the same with Vodavi.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics93,735
Posts636,399
Members49,615
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
Today's Birthdays
BroadcastEngineer, itrains, James Walker, Mpp1994, rockie, sarah1klein, thomas TES-824
Newest Members
AMS Technology C, Chrontel, RonZ1971, Michael1948, lllDez
49,615 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
jsaad 7
Toner 6
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 9 guests, and 20 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: Business Phone Systems | Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers.
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2022
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5