web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
BKNYLAW Offline OP
OP Offline
HI! I have in my home office an NEC Electra Professional 2 system with many 16 and 8 button phones.
Currently, on some of the phones, when you pick up the phone they go to my 3rd telephone line to make an outgoing call, and some go right to the internal intercom. (From the intercom if you push "9" then it goes to line 3).
I want to program them to all go to Line 1 first (or the first available open line (be it 1 then 2 then 3) when you pick up the receiver. Does anyone know how to program this through the telephone?

Thanks - I appreciate your help! [email protected] - Bennett

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

even if you have it set to automatically grab a line it will always go from the bottom up (3,2,1). nec's are like that.

in program 4-23 for the port(s) you want to automatically grab a line put a 9 in there. then transfer to write.

note this! if you do this, AND if you need to do intercom calls, you'll have to put an intercom button on the phones! because after you do this if you press the intercom button it will grab an outside line instead of giving you an intercom tone.

BKNYLAW Offline OP
OP Offline
HI. I have the 4th "line" button programmed as the intercom button. I dont know how to access the programming you mentioned. I can only program from the phone itself, but I do have a laptop if that helps to connect to the main system - is that how to program it? What software do I need - where is that obtained?
Perhaps there is nothing I can do if it connects line 3 , 2, 1 anyway. But in any case how do I disable the line connection to have the phone just go to intercom first then you push line 1 or 2 or 3 manually to make a call. Thanks again!

The reason NEC has there system pickup from the back to front is so you won't pick up on an outside call coming in at the same time ,if you want put line 1 in line three position,line3 in line 1 ,the newer NEC are programmable from the phone to either access intercom or CO by the user, check the users guide if you have one ,and the system is programmable from a phone ,you dont have to have a laptop,I'm sure someone at Sundance would lead you through reprgramming via telephone for a nominal fee,and maybe even sell you a users guide, or call a local proffessional,what you want programmed is easy,if you know what you are doing.

to remove the auto grab a line thing is still done in that program.

pc programming can be done if you have a mif card in the system & if you have the software for your pc.

>you need to know what ports are associated to what exts. feature 4 from any display phone will let you know what port it is.
>all programming is done by ports NOT exts!
>from station 100
>feature hold #0*
>press the intercom button (button #4)
>type in 23 on the keypad
>you're now in program 4-23
>conference to go thru the ports to get to the 1 you need
>hold to erase what's in there. or 9 to grab a line
>transfer to write
>type in 23 on the keypad again
>conference to go to the next port
>and continue on
>speaker to get out of programming

[This message has been edited by chrislebeck (edited December 12, 2004).]

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024