web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com] [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com] [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]
OK, I am a computer programmer [and a good one too--VB, C++, C#] and an A/V installer. [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com] I never dealt with phones though. [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

Now, I gotta Tablet PC that I use for home automation (Crestron based system). I want this Tablet PC to also become a PHONE.

I've got NEC IPS-2000 switch and a bunch of NEC ITR-16D phones. The switch is also connected to an outside world... [I did not install these--this is what my phone guy told me... and I hope he didn't lye... ]

The PC runs Windows CE .NET 4.2 and I want to write an app to turn it into a phone. I know there are some softphones around, but I've no idea if this is what I need. Ideally, I'd like to get some sort of SDK that I can use and program my own app. [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

I tried searching on the net [including NEC website], but I got all zoned out--there's too much I don't know. [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

If anyone's got any piece of wisdom that would rectify my ignorance [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com], you are welcome to speak freely. (Please don't embarass me too much.)

Thank's to all,

timothy jones

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Mitel, NEC, Vodavi
Moderator-Mitel, NEC, Vodavi
NEC has the SP20(older) & the SP30(newer), but neither will run on Winblows CE.

------------------
Bound to cover,
just a little more ground.

Ok I know I am going to get flamed for this but I can't resist . In fact I registered because I had to respond.

Nec have a softphone available. What is your problem with this?

You may be the greatest programmer in the world but your English sucks and I don't LIE. Your "phone guy" treated you with respect and gave you information he didn't have to so when you come on to a telecomms forum asking for help, would it be too much to ask that you do so without the attitude

The telecomm industry may be being swallowed up by the IT world but you still have a lot to learn about our industry. Hopefully with a little more humility from now on.

RIP Admin-Founder
RIP Admin-Founder
Welcome to the board timothy and ozzie.

I don't see an attitude, spelling mistakes...well I see them everywhere, heck most folks have a hard time typing what their really trying to say. [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

OP Offline
To DrPbx: Hey Doc, Is there a site I can download either one of these from? Much obliged.

To test-ok: Thanks dude.

To OzzieGeorge: You must be from Australia or somethig... [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com] Read below carefully:

First, I don't have a problem with NEC softphone. I've just never seen one and I don't know where to get it. If you can help me with it, I will appreciate that.

Second, I never said I am the greatest programmer in the world... But thanks for the complement.

Third, How do you know what my "phone guy" treated me like?

I musta spent 30-40 minutes on the phone trying to get a sensible answer out of him. After I realized I am not getting anywhere, I asked him to at least gimme model numbers of the switch and the phone.

After that I spent another 2 hours browsing the net and again got nowhere.

That's why, hoping there good people out there (and I know there are), I posted a message asking for help.

If you can help me, you are welcome to do so. Otherwise, you can go and get a ride on a girls' bicycle...

In termz of mestakes: I maik theez on purpos--it ads moore fleyvor. [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

Regards,

Timothy

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,297
Posts638,854
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,662 Shoretel
189,568 CTX100 install
187,847 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
jsaad 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 153 guests, and 288 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024