web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#227100 01/27/05 07:09 AM
OP Offline
Need some help from an NEC 2000IPS tech. System is having trouble now with connecting with MAT. Up to yesterday had no problem connecting. Half way thru downloading some updates system hung. Would like to talk with a tech via email and get going rate $.

In the San Jose Ca area.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#227101 01/31/05 09:49 AM
I have an AD-40. I don't know if the 2000 is similar or not, but I have message lamp # in the personal directory screen. I can make any extension I would like light up. I suggest you see if you have something like that.

#227102 01/31/05 04:26 PM
OP Offline
The problem now is my MATworx32 connection isn't working. I can remote in but no one knows the modem's password, No one remembers setting it either. The local connection via RS0 says it connects then doesn't do anything. The settings it is connecting with seems weird though 19200 8 bits and 2 stop bits? THought it was 1 stop bit. Never paid attention.

#227103 02/01/05 02:53 PM
I apologize for the last post. I thought I was answering somebody's question about getting another station's MW lamp to light up. Don't ask me. My brain gets garbled sometimes. Since I did open my mouth, though, I did some looking into your problem. I have to admit I'm confused because I cannot find anything about stop bit settings for an RSO connection. I do have a ton of manuals I picked up from the NEC class I went to this summer (a couple even cover direct, modem and LAN connections). If you want them, just say so. Trouble shooting your connection issues remotely sounds like a big pain as it seems as though it would be one of those "okay what are you seeing now" things. If you're connecting over the LAN, are you using the right port - 6000 I think. If you have a password issue, you probably have a really big issue. I don't think even NTAC can get around a lost password. I could be wrong, though. You said you were able to connect. The thing that changed was the partial download of updates. If this is the cause of your problems, I would suggest paying a technician to come to your office and putting NTAC on speaker phone. You may be in a really bad spot, and it may be worth it to call in the cavalry. I would also want to make sure I know where my backup is.

#227104 02/01/05 03:46 PM
Moderator-Mitel, NEC, Vodavi
Moderator-Mitel, NEC, Vodavi
If you can I would 'bump' the switch. The MP ports don't usually lock up, but I would try this first.

------------------
Bound to cover,
just a little more ground.

#227105 02/01/05 04:23 PM
OP Offline
Thanks for you help. I did bump the pbx. Resolved the connect problem to. But the PBX does need a password. the connection just wasn't working correctly.

I did contact the tech for it, but they said if they come in they won't hand over the password. We are wondering if the password was recently added without anyone knowledge. The system was setup for remote access without our knowledge.

It is also weried that this problem occured when they found out that we might be added in VoIP solution to expand and were not going to use them... humm. But I have no proof.

#227106 02/02/05 02:41 AM
who is your vendor as I don't want to use them for any of my switches ( i have a few in the bay area / Central Calif) also please email me as I would like to discuss this issue with you so you can get YOUR system back (it isn't leased is it?)

Gary
#227107 02/02/05 11:35 AM
OP Offline
We figured out the password and have reset the lines. Some how the UCD group of number were all busied out. So deleteing each extention and adding it back again would have worked.

Now just need to reconfigure the SMDR on the AP card to start talking again to the external VM server.

Anyone have expeirence with Perfect Voice from Teleco?

I would love to give the vendors name for sure. But I suppose for legal reasons it wouldn't be right for me to do so. As far as I know we have been dealing with a tech and it might just be him.

As far as the company is concern they are history anyway. Just going to close out any outstanding bills and make sure no new ones are incurred.

Ideally we would switch over to all IP phones but it seems it would cost as much to do that as switching to a complete cisco callmanager/Voip(sip) phone setup.

The NEC is a great solid machine, but obviously you need a tech to do any MAC or anything to the thing. This place would like the phone to with the individual. SO if the go in the conference room, they take their phone and plug in (like a laptop). So NEC Voip would do this, but they had all DtermE digital phones. Voip adapters cost $350, just as much as a Cisco VoIP phone does.

[This message has been edited by benhadad (edited February 02, 2005).]

[This message has been edited by benhadad (edited February 02, 2005).]

#227108 02/03/05 12:57 PM
Ben

Have you considered using the softphone so they only need the laptop. Don't know the price of the software over there but it may be the way to go. We are just beginning to learn some of the drawbacks of voip one example I just heard of was a user wanting background music on his phones. Can you imagine the amount of data bouncing around and of course the total lockup of the IP Pad.

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,624 Shoretel
189,515 CTX100 install
187,772 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 24
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 138 guests, and 337 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024