web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#227117 01/31/05 10:15 AM
bILL d Offline OP
OP Offline
I have an NEAX 2000 IPS at my main site and an NEAX IPS DMR at my remote site. There is a frame relay T1 between the two sites and we are not using any kind of compression card. The main number at the remote site goes to an auto attendant on my AD-40 at the main site. We had the system installed in April. The only problem I've noticed until a couple of weeks ago was a little crackling before the greeting for the auto attendant was played. Now I am forced to reset the system on a daily basis because calls to the main number at the remote site are connected to silence. We also lose the ability to make station-to-station calls between the two sites. As a side note, I have never been able to include stations at the remote sites when using our conference trunk. The people who did the installation are idiots, so I had to go to Dallas for a week to learn to program the switch myself. I've been able to figure out all of my other problems, but this one has me perplexed. Any ideas?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#227118 02/01/05 02:39 PM
bILL d Offline OP
OP Offline
Follow up: Okay, saying I have to reset on a daily basis may be a bit of an exaggeration. I'm seeing a lot of 42 and 52 faults. It looks like we're seeing the real problems when I get an 04 fault. It's the 00 kind. It looks like I could have a bad card. Does anybody know, though, if connections are supposed to be restored automatically if I were to lose and regain my T1 connection? Or would a system reset be required each time such an event were to occur? I would ask NTAC, but, being a lowly customer as opposed to an associate, I cannot do that. Thanks.

#227119 02/01/05 03:42 PM
Moderator-Mitel, NEC, Vodavi
Moderator-Mitel, NEC, Vodavi
I haven't done a lot with DMR's, but I am doing 3 in the next 3 months. The link should reconnect if it goes down, no reset should be needed. Do you have a 'link' button on your phone to show the link status?

------------------
Bound to cover,
just a little more ground.

#227120 02/02/05 07:57 AM
bILL d Offline OP
OP Offline
I put an F1364 button on my phone with CM90. I then went to CM9B0 and set 0100 to 0. Is that what you had in mind? It's been the only thing I have been able to find so far to let me know when the connection goes down - at least I hope it does. Of course, we haven't had a problem since I did this, so I don't know yet if it this works the way I'm reading it.

I noticed a posting somewhere where one person was ripping on another's grammar. It's obvious that person never read an NEC manual. That's not a complaint. It's just an observation I find amusing.

#227121 02/03/05 12:49 PM
Have you tried to intentionally bring the link down, this would prove the cause. Try setting up a few calls over the link then do a large data transfer between the two sites. I suspect the voice priority isn't working over the link.

#227122 02/07/05 09:52 AM
bILL d Offline OP
OP Offline
Our routers do not support prioritizing voice packets - not enough memory for the upgrade. I am more than willing to spend $3K on new routers, but I am still confused by the idea that I have to reset the whole system even after the connection is recovered. I can ring a phone at the remote site, but there is no connection when they answer. It seems to me the communication should be back to normal when the link is re-established. My F1364 button flashed red for a couple of minutes and then flashed green. The link is back - right? Why do I have to reset the whole system?

#227123 03/02/05 06:46 AM
The system will not automatically reconnect if not told to. Look in command 0BXX>51 this will require a reset. Must be set in both the main and remots sites.
And get a new vendor!

Good luck,

------------------
Hot Rod

Hot Rod

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,710 CTX100 install
186,795 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 161 guests, and 240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024