web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#227223 02/11/05 10:42 AM
OP Offline
What is everyone's opinion on the 2400 switch? What about it do and dont you like?

Thanks

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#227224 02/14/05 05:04 AM
You will find the 2400 is very reliable system. I have installed many in networks using ACD and wireless and have no real major issues. I have worked on many that have been running for 5+ years with out an outage.

NEC has released new ACD platforms and new wireless is also available. If the system you have is older I would upgrade it to IPX so you can start to play with the IP Soft phones and IP trunks.
There are other trade in programs going on for phones and cards

Using the MAT commands makes programming easy , I seldom use Matworx to program a system.

Downfalls
NEC has a change in upper management, not sure if it is a good thing or not. I hope they continue with new upgrades and product roll out.
NEC does not market very well so you ll hear more about Nortel etc where you may have to seek out your NEC vendor to help with new product updates.
NEC does have a low part of the market so it does not always work on different 3rd party software , vendors do not want to spend time on developing software for a product that is not the hottest seller. Some systems like Nortel are easier to write software for.

Like any PBX you are going to work on it would be worth the money to get some training , it will make your life easier in the long run.

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,382 Shoretel
189,089 CTX100 install
187,414 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 7
dexman 5
jsaad 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 177 guests, and 387 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024