web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#227225 02/11/05 12:23 PM
OP Offline
Can anyone help me out? I'm trying to find a copy of the tech manual for the Electra Elite 48.

Mike

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#227226 02/11/05 12:44 PM
NEC manuals are not distributed to non certified techs, and are difficult to pry from the hands of those certified to have them. With your incomplete profile it is highly unlikely that anyone will help you out. Your best bet is to contract tech support from one of the NEC mod's or find a certified tech in your area. I use DrPBX when I need NEC help, he really knows the product line and is reasonably priced.
mark

#227227 02/12/05 11:30 AM
mike>>1st off........ya need to fill out your profile. someone might need to shoot you an email

2nd>what are you trying to do on the 48??

#227228 02/14/05 05:54 AM
OP Offline
Here's the situation report:

I was hired on a few months ago as a general 'tech guy' for the office. The company was renting out two adjacent suites in a building several years ago, then rented one out for a few years, and now are back in both offices.

The Electra Elite 48 was originally serving both offices. When the second office was rented out, the jumper wires connecting the 48 to the second office's wall jacks were removed.

Shortly after I was hired, somebody wanted to set up a couple people in the second office, so I was asked to get them network drops and phone connections. The network part was easy - the wires were still in place, so I put a toner to them and hooked those jacks back to the patch panel.

The phone was just about as easy - I toned the lines and found a path back to the 48. I hooked up some patch wires and patted myself on the back.

Come to find out that the phones in the second office don't ring. Most of our phones don't, so I didn't think anything of it, but the person in the second office demanded it. After reading the forum and trying some things, I wound up doing it the 'stupid way' - I swapped the wires with an extension in the first office that rings.

I'm trying to get hold of enough documentation to figure out why the stuff I tried didn't work, and find a way to make 'em ring when the inevitable change in orders comes down the pipe.

#227229 02/14/05 04:08 PM
everything on the 48, 64, 192, ipk is done by ports

you'll need to find out the port number(s) of the phone(s) that need to ring

if the phone has a display go to it & press feature 4. display will show the ext & port numbers

1>get into programming
2>go to program 4-01 for day ring or 4-02 for night ring
3>press conference to get to the port you need to program
4>press the buttons of the lines that need to ring. red=delay, off=no ring, green=right away
5>transfer to write
6>if no others press speaker to end or go to <7>
7>type in 01 on the keypad
8>press conference to go to the next port
9>go to step 4

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,282
Posts638,762
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,436 Shoretel
188,242 CTX100 install
187,072 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 6
jc2it 4
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Carl Navarro), 72 guests, and 124 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024