Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#227396 03/08/05 10:55 AM
Mickamg Offline OP
OP Offline
I've been installing the DS2000's for several months, and have run into my first serious issue that's driving me nuts. Installed the unit last Thursday. It was the 80098 package and 4 port mail [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com] All was well until this morning, when calls were not ringing reliably. After replacing the trunk card, cable, demarc cabling, and swapping slots, I have the same issue. You can call out on all four lines, and if I hook up his old panasonic 4-line phone in parallel, when IT rings, you can answer the call on the NEC by pressing the proper line button. Should I be looking at the P.S. or CPU as well as the trunk card as the culprit? If the voltage can drive my buttset ringer and the other phones, the NEC should get it. Mind you this all worked until this morning.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

first of all.......are you testing analog ports or digital ports.

can you enter programming, if so, default system and reprogram.

Mickamg Offline OP
OP Offline
The trunks are analog. The entire system works properly except this one issue. I was hoping that re-initialization would be my last resort. Have you ever had this happen?

You said you hooked up his phone paralel to the 2000. Have you tried to test the co lines in front of the system, eliminating all equipment. Connect you butt set to the demarc, remove any clips going to the ds2000 and make some test calls.
What happens?

------------------
| Telephone Systems | Voice & Data Cabling

Mickamg Offline OP
OP Offline
By connecting the Panasonic 4 line set in parallel, you are able to hear the lines ring. If you know they are ringing, you can use the DS2000 to answer them. I guess I don't understand what would be accomplished by disconnecting the 2000.

Does your line keys lamp on incoming call?
The system will respond to telco ring signal in the range of 42-103 VAC @ 20 Hz.
Is your lines coming off a channel bank?
I had this exact problem ,but only on one line ,not all. I relocated one of my customers(8 lines ds 2000) and after installing I forgot to check all the lines to make sure they rang. Well the next day cust calls and says "line 2 does not ring or lamp" but otherwise calls out fine. I start to think, don't even lamp thats odd. While I had him on the phone I called line 2 and he said no lamp. So I said press the button and he answered. I told him I would be right out! Man I go out there change the trunk card, cross connect, different co protecter everything. I moved the line around to different ports and the problem followed but would ring my butt set fine.. I finally hit the polarity button on my buttset and saw that it was reversed. Flipped them and everything was fine i had ringing on the ds2000 .By the way this was verizon telco. And by the way the polarity was reversed at the rj21x (verizon) not my side! I thought that was mighty stange because I've tryed that here purposely "with other telcos and channel banks etc" and the polarity did not seem to effect it. I like to experiment! Probably not your problem but it does seem similar. Don't overlook the simple stuff as polarity. Any body else have this type problem on ds1000\2000?

[This message has been edited by clgjr (edited March 08, 2005).]

this is a new one to me.

I always use the mod plug cable that you can get with the system., as least you know its not the cable conenction.

I had a NEC sales rep refer me to someone that was having trouble with a ds2000. I go out and the previous tech had took cat5 patch cords stranded wire punched on a 66 block. They had bad static not to mention the split pairs cause they were 568b not rj61x cords. Half the phones sat their saying "System startup" on the display. Replaced the cords and bingo! I hope that fellow didn't refer to hiself as a "telephone tech".

Mickamg Offline OP
OP Offline
Well clgjr, you may have hit it on the head! The ONE thing I did not include in the post (cause I don't like to pass the buck), was that Monday, the customer had VERIZON out because they could not dial long distance on line three! This problem existed before the install. I'll bet dimes to doughnuts that they rolled every pair to try to correct it. When I replaced the demarc cable, the polarity was correct, so they probably did it at the CO. I can't wait to get back there (fingers crossed)!

Look at the ringing voltage with an ac voltmeter. It should be at least 90v. Sometimes telephones with electronic ringers will ring with far less voltage. I haven't found polarity to be a problem on the DS1000. I have found some lines reversed and some straight but they all rang ok.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,771
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,457 Shoretel
188,317 CTX100 install
187,089 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
C5Z 2
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 133 guests, and 373 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024