Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Danno49 Offline OP
OP Offline
As the subject states, our conferencing is no longer working as advertised. We used to be able to CONF, dial number, CONF at will. But now, it seems the feature has been disabled somehow. Now what is weird is that you cannot CONF the way you are supposed to, you CAN dial out to the main line, dial the .ext hit CONF dial out to the main line again, dial another .ext and when the person answers, hit CONF - BAM! You've got a conference in a roundabout sort of way! Outside lines cannot be conferenced in this fashion for obvious reasons. It is strange that this is now being reported to me as the last major system upgrade/change was almost a year ago when we converted to DID.

Does anyone have any ideas? I can provide more information if necessary.

As always, thanks in advance for any advice, thoughts, criticisms, cash offers, etc.

= [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

[This message has been edited by Danno49 (edited April 14, 2005).]

"Rock journalism is people who can't write interviewing people who can't talk for people who can't read." - Frank Zappa
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Danno49 Offline OP
OP Offline
Got this reply on pbxinfo.....if any of this sparks any neurons, please elucidate! [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

did anything happen in class of service programming? Any changes or anything? If not I would backup th database default it put the very basic programming in and see if you can make a conf call. If so you probably have database corruption and it will have to be re-keyed. Not the greatest answer I know but genreally a sure fire fix for most situations. You can try backing up the database, defaulting it and reloading the database back in but in my expierence this rarely works. Best of luck.

"Rock journalism is people who can't write interviewing people who can't talk for people who can't read." - Frank Zappa
i checked class of service (1-8-08) and didn't see anything there to restrict using the conference feature. there was a setting for unsupervised conference. it should just work.

also checked the features & specs book. same answer. no restrictions.

[This message has been edited by chrislebeck (edited April 18, 2005).]

Danno49 Offline OP
OP Offline
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by chrislebeck:
i checked class of service (1-8-08) and didn't see anything there to restrict using the conference feature. there was a setting for unsupervised conference. it should just work.

also checked the features & specs book. same answer. no restrictions.

[This message has been edited by chrislebeck (edited April 18, 2005).]
</font>

Man, that's just creepy. I wonder what it could be? Perhaps it was something special the vendor did when the upgrade occurred. I dunno. Anyway, thanks for checking into it for me, Chris. You're golden..... [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

might be data corruption. might have to default & re-program (which is a standard nec answer)

Danno49 Offline OP
OP Offline
I had our vendor come out and check the problem. He was as stumped as I and everyone else has been. So we did some troubleshooting and eventually found a solution.

1-2-01 was set to VOICE. Setting the block to TONE enabled conferencing to function properly. The only difference now is that folks have to dial 1 after dialing an extension to have the phone answer automatically.

Hopefully, there is no database corruption.

[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

Danno49 Offline OP
OP Offline
My boss would now like the feature for the auotanswer to be completely shut off. No pressing 1 to force the line to pick via speaker or other wise. Where do I find this? Please help! I am looking in the manuals, but can't seem to find where I need to go!

Use Memory Block 1-8-08 [Class of Service (Station) Feature
Selection 2] to Allow (default: LED On) or Deny (LED Off) Voice/Tone
Override Originate (Page 1 LK 8) or Voice/Tone Override Receive
(Page 3 LK 3).

Danno49 Offline OP
OP Offline
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by chrislebeck:
Use Memory Block 1-8-08 [Class of Service (Station) Feature
Selection 2] to Allow (default: LED On) or Deny (LED Off) Voice/Tone
Override Originate (Page 1 LK 8) or Voice/Tone Override Receive
(Page 3 LK 3).
</font>

Chris, thanks as always for your reply.... [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

As I was going through the manual, I found these blocks and tried them both. Neither one worked. I had the vendor come out to help me with it and he didn't think it was something you could switch off but he called NEC tech support just to verify. They confirmed this to be the case. It is apparently hardwired that the toggle is active.

Now here is my question, for which there is no answer I'm sure:

Why the heck is there an override option if the doggone thing can't be overridden? Am I missing something? Wouldn't be the first time . . . sure as shootin' won't be the last. [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

[This message has been edited by Danno49 (edited April 21, 2005).]

Moderator-Mitel, NEC, Vodavi
Moderator-Mitel, NEC, Vodavi
To stop the dialing of a 1 to go to voice, just remove that digit from MB 1-2-24. Intercom feature access code assignment.

------------------
Bound to cover,
just a little more ground.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,607 Shoretel
189,490 CTX100 install
187,700 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 124 guests, and 327 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024