web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I have the software Rev. 6.68Q06231 and made a backup of the files in case something happened... we had several power outages and the voicemail wont boot now.. so i loaded the backup onto the flash card but it still wont boot... any thoughts on how i can get it working again?

is there anything i need to do to the files to make it boot??

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by remotetechs:
I have the software Rev. 6.68Q06231 and made a backup of the files in case something happened... we had several power outages and the voicemail wont boot now.. so i loaded the backup onto the flash card but it still wont boot... any thoughts on how i can get it working again?

is there anything i need to do to the files to make it boot??
</font>

What did you do to the CF card when you first had troubles with it? Did you do a format, and reload the backup on it? How did you reload the backup (Zip/Xcopy/dos copy/etc?)

Most likely, depending on what you have done with the "format/recovery" of the CF, you may have erased the "hidden serial number" of the CF, and render it useless. <See the other thread on IPK VMS voicemail recovery.>

Normally, you can still connect via cosession remote viewer and see the status of the system as it boots up. Most likely, you will see the VM system sitting at the "enter activation code" screen.

I am interested in what brought you to this stage, since it can help me a lot in deciphering where this hidden serial number is stored/recorded.

Another thing, if you have a bootable USB/CF reader on your computer system, try to see if you can follow the CF drive as it boots up.

If not, get a dos 6.22 disk, and try putting the boot files onto the CF, and make sure you activate the boot partition on the CF too.

Another thing, make sure that you turn on the "make busy switch" after you have powered on the KSU. (Also remember to turn it - make busy switch - to "OFF" before you remove the drive).

Good luck.

OP Offline
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by new2nec:
Another thing, if you have a bootable USB/CF reader on your computer system, try to see if you can follow the CF drive as it boots up.

If not, get a dos 6.22 disk, and try putting the boot files onto the CF, and make sure you activate the boot partition on the CF too.

Another thing, make sure that you turn on the "make busy switch" after you have powered on the KSU. (Also remember to turn it - make busy switch - to "OFF" before you remove the drive).

Good luck.
</font>

Thanks for the advise...
I bought this system from a company that went out of business and they didnt know the passcode to unlock the voicemail ... so i took another CF Card with a voicemail that I knew the passcode and copied it onto the unusable one. The card stayed with all lights on and would not boot... I havent tried cosessions yet, but i will tonight and get back to you with what the outcome is... also, I will try the DOS recommendation you said as well.

Either way i will let you know for sure.

i'd use the old original one. use the maint functions then default it. no password hacking is needed.

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, Touch Tone Tommy), 150 guests, and 233 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024