Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#228049 05/23/05 10:42 AM
Terrry Offline OP
OP Offline
I have a Elite 192 that should work but when I connect an extension to it it doesn't work Do I need to re-initize it to get it to work? Is there anyone who works on these things in Minnesota?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#228050 05/23/05 01:15 PM
what do you want it to do?

you might have to program buttons on it (program 4-12)

it might not have an extension number assigned to it yet (program 4-10)

ringing? (4-01 day, 4-02 night)

you can do lots of things to it but i need to know a little more on what it's doing & not doing.

#228051 05/24/05 02:36 AM
Terrry Offline OP
OP Offline
The unit has the following cards in it:

CPUB 300 U1 0ETU lot 194
open
ESI(8) - U10 ETU Lot 193
ESI(8) - U10 ETU Lot 193
ESI(8) - U10 ETU Lot 193
SLI (8) - U10 ETU
open
open
COI(8) U10 ETU Lot 192A
VMS4 UU10 ETU Lot 195D

The unit came with three cables punched down to 66 blocks and I've connected them to the right side of the unit although it's not clear which goes to which connector. I've tried it both ways.

The blocks are labeled such that it appears the extensions are on the left of the blocks and incoming lines on the right.

I've tried to connect a phone to several different pairs (I assume this is a two wire system) on the left side of the 66 block with no result. The phone I tried is a ETW-16D-1 and I don't get any display on the phone at all.

Just in case I've tried the system reset on the cpu card.

#228052 05/24/05 05:18 AM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Terrry:
The unit has the following cards in it:

CPUB 300 U1 0ETU lot 194
open
ESI(8) - U10 ETU Lot 193
ESI(8) - U10 ETU Lot 193
ESI(8) - U10 ETU Lot 193
SLI (8) - U10 ETU
open
open
COI(8) U10 ETU Lot 192A
VMS4 UU10 ETU Lot 195D

The unit came with three cables punched down to 66 blocks and I've connected them to the right side of the unit although it's not clear which goes to which connector. I've tried it both ways.

The blocks are labeled such that it appears the extensions are on the left of the blocks and incoming lines on the right.

I've tried to connect a phone to several different pairs (I assume this is a two wire system) on the left side of the 66 block with no result. The phone I tried is a ETW-16D-1 and I don't get any display on the phone at all.

Just in case I've tried the system reset on the cpu card.

</font>

Terry,

The simplest answer to your querry might be that the ETW phones use the two outside wires (yellow/black) for signals, whereas the DTP/DTU phones use the regular red/green pairs.

If there was no changes to your programming (or if the original programming was left in-tact, try connecting your ETW phone (using yellow/black pairs) to the white/blue pair of your first AMP connector (the one closest to the wall). That should give you at a minimum a dial-tone or display.

As far as the MDF pinouts are concerned, each of the AMP connectors have 25 pairs, and each of the slots are assigned 8 pairs, starting at slot #1. So, slots 1-3 = AMP#1, Slots 2-6 = AMP#2, and 7&8 = AMP#3.

In your case, all of AMP#1 pairs should give you station signals, AMP#2 (first 8 pairs) should give you ANALOG station side signals, while AMP#3 (first 8 pairs) is where you connect your incomming CO lines.

This should get you started. If you need to reprogram the voicemail etc, then getting a manual would be extremely helpful.

[This message has been edited by new2nec (edited May 24, 2005).]

#228053 05/24/05 07:09 AM
Terrry Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for the tip but no help. Still nothing on the display and no dial tone at the station. Do these phones have internal batteries? There is no place to plug in any power.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by new2nec:
Terry,

The simplest answer to your querry might be that the ETW phones use the two outside wires (yellow/black) for signals, whereas the DTP/DTU phones use the regular red/green pairs.

If there was no changes to your programming (or if the original programming was left in-tact, try connecting your ETW phone (using yellow/black pairs) to the white/blue pair of your first AMP connector (the one closest to the wall). That should give you at a minimum a dial-tone or display.

As far as the MDF pinouts are concerned, each of the AMP connectors have 25 pairs, and each of the slots are assigned 8 pairs, starting at slot #1. So, slots 1-3 = AMP#1, Slots 2-6 = AMP#2, and 7&8 = AMP#3.

In your case, all of AMP#1 pairs should give you station signals, AMP#2 (first 8 pairs) should give you ANALOG station side signals, while AMP#3 (first 8 pairs) is where you connect your incomming CO lines.

This should get you started. If you need to reprogram the voicemail etc, then getting a manual would be extremely helpful.

[This message has been edited by new2nec (edited May 24, 2005).]
</font>

#228054 05/24/05 12:24 PM
i sent you this via email too:

The cards are as follows:

Cpu the processor
Esi8 digital station card 8 ports
Sli8 analog station card 8 ports
Empty
Empty
Coi8 loop start trunk card 8 ports
Vms4 voicemail card 4 ports. Hard drive based

So it looks like the system is equipped for:
24 digital station ports
8 analog station ports
8 lines
4 voicemail ports

Blinking lights are a good thing. The vm should also have a green light on it too (unless it's turned off)

The blocks all depend on what amp cable they are connected to on the side.
Slots 1-3 are the back amp cable
Slots 4-6 are the middle amp cable
Slots 7-8 are the front amp cable

So amp cable #1 (back) contains all of your digital ports Amp cable #2 (Middle) 1st 8 pairs are the analog ports, then the rest are empty.
Amp cable #3 (front) 1st 8 pairs are the trunks

Reason that the phones aren't working (if they are all etw style) is that in nec's wisdom those phones use the black/yellow pair NOT the red/green

Those phones are a single pair.

If you have some dtu,dtp,dth style phones then they connect to the red/green pair and NOT to the black/yellow

#228055 05/25/05 03:00 AM
Terrry Offline OP
OP Offline
First of all thanks for all the help!! Yes the voicemail has a red blinking light AND a green light illuminated.

When you say slot 1 I assume you are referring to the slot marked S1 as opposed to the slot the CPU is in – correct?

If that’s correct then the numbering on the 66 blocks matches up with what you’ve told me. The AMP cable plugged into the front connector going to the block marked CO 1-8 and the one going into the back is connected to a block labeled 1 thru 24 and the center cable goes to a block labeled 25 thru 32.

I’ve tried punching the Black/yellow down to several of the pairs in the 1-24 range and I get nothing. No display, dial tone etc on either of the two phones I have. (I assume the phones are powered from the phone system because I don’t see anyplace for Batteries or an external power supply).

Finally, during the time I was using the inside pair on these phones I pressed the reset switch on the CPU. Would that have wiped out the programming? Is there some baseline configuration I need to load? The CPU looks like it has a place for a PROM but it doesn’t have one installed.

#228056 05/25/05 07:14 AM
Terrry,

Where did the phone system come from? Are you sure that it worked before you inherited the system? Also, confirm that your phone jack, and the rj11 cords have 4 pins on it so that the black/yellow lines actually get connected to the phones itself.

Finally, when you connect the phones to your punch down block, it may take up to 5 seconds for the display to show anything. Perhaps you should try a different phone too to make sure that you don't have a bad one to start with.

To further confirm that your KSU is working, you should try to connect a regular analogue phone (using red/green pair) to the second termination block, pairs 1 to 8 (this is serviced by your SLI(8)). It should give you a dial tone, if the system was not reset or reconfigured in anyway.

#228057 05/25/05 09:19 AM
Terrry Offline OP
OP Offline
One can never be completely sure. But the person who donated it to the non-profit said it was working.

Of the things you suggested I’ve done all of them except trying to connect a handset to the serial lines and I’ve done that now. The hand set had that hollow sound like when the phone co is having problems with dial tone but there was no dial tone from the KSU or the telco present. To be sure I also hooked a POT line to the other 66 block I didn’t know if that was necessary or if the KSU simulates a dial tone for the serial line phones?

If the battery was disconnected or completely run down at some point would all the programming be lost so when power is re-applied nothing would work? What would it take to reprogram from scratch?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by new2nec:
Terrry,

Where did the phone system come from? Are you sure that it worked before you inherited the system? Also, confirm that your phone jack, and the rj11 cords have 4 pins on it so that the black/yellow lines actually get connected to the phones itself.

Finally, when you connect the phones to your punch down block, it may take up to 5 seconds for the display to show anything. Perhaps you should try a different phone too to make sure that you don't have a bad one to start with.

To further confirm that your KSU is working, you should try to connect a regular analogue phone (using red/green pair) to the second termination block, pairs 1 to 8 (this is serviced by your SLI(8)). It should give you a dial tone, if the system was not reset or reconfigured in anyway.

</font>

#228058 05/25/05 12:24 PM
yes s1 is the 1st non cpu & isa slot

the prom socket is just for software updates to the cpu and is not needed under normal use.

phones are system powered

pressing the reset button will just reset the system EXCEPT if the battery is disconnected from the cpu THEN it will default the system too.

no need for a co line to be installed. you should get intercom tone from the digital ports & analog ports after going off hook.

if the battery was dead or had been disconnected it would default the system (which is not a bad thing since you don't really know what was programmed in there).

you might try removing the battery from the cpu, power down the system, wait for a few seconds, then power it back up, plug the battery in. then see if things work

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,607 Shoretel
189,488 CTX100 install
187,698 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 141 guests, and 324 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024