Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#228129 06/07/05 10:48 AM
Terrry Offline OP
OP Offline
I have a Elite 192 with a VMS 4 voicemail module. I believe I connect the serial port on my computer to the 9-pin serial port on the card but I need some software loaded on the laptop to do anything. Is this correct and if so how or where do I get the software?

Terry

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

You will need co-sessions software, You will have to search around for it. Make sure your system has a mif-m card or the software is useless. The 9 pin cable needs to be a null-modem cable.

------------------
www.tgcommunications.net

close.........

you'll need a null modem cable & cosessions software in order to connect to the serial port on the vm.

the system is different. you'll need a mifm card in the system, sat software, and a straight cable from your puter to port #1 on the cabinet

the system at install comes with the co-sessions program, usually in a 3 diskette package. You cna down load the co-sessions program from the NEC home site if you have tech sccess. As was stated earlier you need to install this onto your laptop, and then connection is done via a null modem cable to the nine pin serial interface on the front of the card. On of the things that you need to be mindful of is the revision of the voicemail (U-10 -- U-40). The different revisions have different connection speeds and will not connect at the other speeds.

Chris is correct! (I knew that Chris!) I don't know where my head was when I replied with that answer.

------------------
www.tgcommunications.net

hey........you work hard all day then you get home to all of this......no biggie

the newer vm stuff connects at 57600bps and has to login using a name/pw combo before you can even see the vm screen, then you'll have to use a different logon combo in order to access the vm

the older stuff uses 19200bps and no logon in order to see the vm screen. then use a logon combo to access the vm

Terrry Offline OP
OP Offline
1. The VM Card is a U10 - I assume that's an early version. Is that going to be a problem?

2. I don't have technical access to the NEC site what can I do to get co-sessions?

3. from other replies I thing the connection speed for this card is 19200 - correct?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ithesnow:
the system at install comes with the co-sessions program, usually in a 3 diskette package. You cna down load the co-sessions program from the NEC home site if you have tech sccess. As was stated earlier you need to install this onto your laptop, and then connection is done via a null modem cable to the nine pin serial interface on the front of the card. On of the things that you need to be mindful of is the revision of the voicemail (U-10 -- U-40). The different revisions have different connection speeds and will not connect at the other speeds. </font>

Terrry Offline OP
OP Offline
First - Thanks for the right-on advise in the past.

I don't know what a "logon combo" is. In the past on other systems I've just used a PC in terminal emulation for things like this.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by chrislebeck:
hey........you work hard all day then you get home to all of this......no biggie

the newer vm stuff connects at 57600bps and has to login using a name/pw combo before you can even see the vm screen, then you'll have to use a different logon combo in order to access the vm

the older stuff uses 19200bps and no logon in order to see the vm screen. then use a logon combo to access the vm
</font>

1>no the u10 is fine.

2>shoot me an email i have an older version that is pretty small

3>yes. 19200

??>the logon. you will need to logon using a userid of someone in the system that has manager status. if you don't know. you may just have to try going thru all of the user id's to see if one is set up for it. if you are going to use this method then you will also have to know the passwords to the mailboxes as well.

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,611 Shoretel
189,499 CTX100 install
187,739 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 97 guests, and 334 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024