web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
kaulike Offline OP
OP Offline
NEC Electra Elite 192. Night mode yields an ancient outgoing message, and no way to leave voicemail or dial to a different extension.

How do I change the night mode message and/or simply forward all incoming calls to ext 101 for voicemail?

many thanks!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

night message-log on to the vm using a login/pw that has manager status. then go to greetings & change it.

forwarding-could be done a few different ways.

does 101 answer all the calls? if so then dit/ana (3-42/43) the lines to that ext. then call forward busy/no answer ext 101 to vm.

anything else would require you to have the cosessions software, null modem cable, & computer in order to administer the vm. YOU WILL STILL NEED A VALID LOGON/PW WITH MANAGER STATUS IN ORDER TO DO THIS AS WELL.

kaulike Offline OP
OP Offline
Many thanks! 3-43 should do it. I don't know the mgr vm password, not sure the client does either...

thanks again

kaulike Offline OP
OP Offline
Unfortunately, resetting 3-43 to go to ext 101 didn't work. It was set to go to 140, the voicemail extension.

Right now when someone calls in on night mode, they get the ancient greeting along with an invitation to "dial 101 to leave a message". The greeting on ext. 101 is correct. Client wants to change the initial message.

I did find an ancient set of notes that said to dial 9632 when the initial message plays. Then I get an invite to enter passwd---I enter the passwd and get into the vm for someone who used to own the system, presumably an admin. However, from there I can't find any place to change the day or night greeting. Obviously no other documentation---I do have a programming manual, but not a vm feature manual.

thanks again for the help

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kaulike:
Unfortunately, resetting 3-43 to go to ext 101 didn't work. It was set to go to 140, the voicemail extension.

Right now when someone calls in on night mode, they get the ancient greeting along with an invitation to "dial 101 to leave a message". The greeting on ext. 101 is correct. Client wants to change the initial message.

I did find an ancient set of notes that said to dial 9632 when the initial message plays. Then I get an invite to enter passwd---I enter the passwd and get into the vm for someone who used to own the system, presumably an admin. However, from there I can't find any place to change the day or night greeting. Obviously no other documentation---I do have a programming manual, but not a vm feature manual.

thanks again for the help
</font>

When you got into the voicemail, that's the manager's mailbox. You should have 2 buttons, "more" and "lvmsg". Press "more" and "greet" to change your greeting.

If you are set up properly, there should be a day greeting, and a night greeting.

Alternately, you can get cosession, and go into the voicemail system directly. From there, you can change ANY (or ANYONE's) greeting that you want to.

depending on the version of the vm software or if the softkeys are turned on, you may have to go thru the yes/no dialogs to get to the prompt you need. let me see if i can remember them off the top of my head:

new messages=no
old messages=no
leave a message=no
setup options=no
access system manager options=yes
change a mailbox=no
change the greetings=yes
switch to holiday mode=no
change the day message=yes
(record day message then press * to end)
change the night message=yes
(record night message then press * to end)
hangup.
test it out

------------------------------------------

also when you went to 3-42/43 did you change the ext in there from 140 to 101? if so did you hit transfer to write it? if you didn't hit the transfer you didn't save it.

you would also have to do that for every line that you wanted to go to ext 101.

kaulike Offline OP
OP Offline
> manager's mailbox. You should have 2 buttons, "more" and "lvmsg". Press "more" and ... If you are set up properly, there should be a day greeting, and a night greeting.

I went through "more" but didn't find the day/night greeting. I'll keep looking---perhaps the person I was working with (at ext 100) is actually the admin and doesn't know it. I would not be surprised at this point.

> Alternately, you can get cosession

Would love to, but no way to connect to the Elite with it.

> when you went to 3-42/43 did you change the ext in there from 140 to 101?

Yep, did hit transfer... BUT I didn't do it on all of the incoming lines, just one! I'll try with all of 'em and see how it works. I have been setting 3-43 to 101, but not 3-42 since day mode already does what they want it to do.

Thanks again for the help, I'll try both the 3-43 trick and will keep looking for that elusive "night greeting" even if I have to get everyone's voicemail password.

kaulike Offline OP
OP Offline
Once again, you guys rock. Problem resolved, thanks again very much.

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,769
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,455 Shoretel
188,309 CTX100 install
187,085 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 78 guests, and 293 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024