web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hi all!

I priced out a new phone system from some local company and got a quote of $25k and nearly fell off my chair.

We have a small office with 8 sets and 4 lines and couldn't believe that a vendor thought that was reasonable.

Anyway, not being familiar with our Electra Elite 48, I decided to check out the manual. This system is great! it can do everything I want with just a few add on cards and stuff.

In fact, we added a phone in the lunchroom today and put Kenny G on the MOH and showed everyone how to listen at their desks.

Simple things please me...

Anyway my MIFM card is in the mail and I am excited about finally programming the system correctly.

I am looking forward to seeking your support here! I have manuals, but they are not as intuitive as I had hoped.

Does anyone have experience with the Electracall product and know if it is still available? I think there is a PCI card required also.

Cheers for now!
Karen

-------------------------------
If life were a birthday cake, I would spend all my time in the icing flowers.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

If the ElectraCall is the Electrastat ACDMIS and your elite 48 is in a white box then I'm afaid you out of luck. If it's in a black box or a purple one you may be in luck..

Regards,

Paul W
Now back to a 0 day week. Love these 7 day weekends.
KLD Offline
welcome , Karen.

Would you finish your profile so everyone can know who they are helping and where you are?

Please don't condemn all interconnects --- yet don't just go by E-bay, either. Find out what your needs are, look around at features/hardware you want, then take bids.

Your telephone system is the "front door" to your business for your customers. Handicaps are fine for a golf game but not for a business trying to make a profit. Today's technology can assist you with your business. What would you do without telephones? Remember they are the pathway to profit.

No matter what brand you decide on, check out the vendor --- most major manufacturers have about the same features and warranties. Cheap is not always the answer.

KLD wink

Ken
---------
Yeah KLD...but $25k for a 4X8 is wwaayyy out of line! even if the attached voicemail cooked your food for you.. wink

Don't get too excited about the Admin software.

You have to download the info from the system then make your changes and upload again.

It is acually faster using the phone to program with.

I only use the Admin software to make backups.

DJ

OP Offline
There, updated my profile a little but refraining from too much business for security. (hee hee) someone mentioned the possibility of hacking if too much info is given, scared me!

I am a salesperson for a living and when I was a tech, I really had a problem with salespeople who provided quotes that did not take into account anything that I requested.

For that matter, when a salesperson does not try to meet the needs of the buyer and build a relationship so that they can increase sales later when the buyer has a need to upgrade, they have missed their business building opportunity. And if the buyer discovers he over-bought, he will find another company to provide it next time.

I am a good salesperson and when I really like a product, a poorly skilled salesperson can sell it to me. The problem with the $25k quote was it was many more stations than I requested and included features that were never requested and would absolutely not be used.

Overall, the Electra Elite 48 (white box), from the manuals appears robust enough for a great deal of growth. The people in our office never even knew about paging other sets.

Whoever sold it to them (before my time) probably over sold them at the time and now that we can understand features, we can ressurect this system for quite some time, before needing an upgrade.

My intention with the office, ultimately, is to have only 'virtual workstations' and working primarily at home. How that fits in with the future of telecom products is yet to be seen.

As a Business Owner myself, service providers need to understand that we MUST shop around. Why should I invest so much in a system that grossly over-meets my needs. Think about the possibility of simply hiring an answering service, or a 'virtual office staff'. The payback has to be there. $25k goes much farther remaining in my pocket if I let the answering company get the fancy phone system.

Anyway, I really don't mean to offend, just presenting my perspective having been on both sides.

I hope you will still be helpful if i need something.

-------------------------------
If life were a birthday cake, I would spend all my time in the icing flowers.

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 13
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (nonameyet), 106 guests, and 227 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024