Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
zgembo Offline OP
OP Offline
Electra Elite 192

I am trying to put together a main greeting that starts in English but then continues in several other languages. I have the sound files because is next to impossible to get 7+ people together to record this in one go.

I combined all files into one, so now I have one wav file with all greetings on it. In order to record it onto voicemmail card I played it on my pc with phone handsent next to the speakers. It does work, but there is background noise and it is not profesional at all.

Can I use CoSession to import the wav file and place it into Transaction Directory?

How do you record your greetings?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

zgembo Offline OP
OP Offline
Ok here is what I have figured out so far:

Yes, you can import and export files using the following:

1.File Transfer option
2. Go to that particular transaction box, select the greeting (day or nite) and click F2
3. Select Copy
4. Depending on your goal, you can copy Into the Current filed or Out to a File.

..BUT...it will work only if you export and import files created in voicemail system.

Meaning,
the sound files format is unique for the system voice boards. It is different from multimedia sound files such as .WAV files.

Does anyone know how to convert wav. files into whateve format this "thing" uses?

You will need to convert your WAV file to a .VOX file. You can use programs like Audtion from Adobe or Acarda Technologies used to have a free wav to vox converter.

zgembo Offline OP
OP Offline
Did everything like you said, once uploaded, I tried to play it using F10...it makes weird noise. Same as when I uploaded wav file directly without converting it first. Any other ideas? Maybe I am doing something wrong?

8-bit sampling rate in vox format. I have always struggled with this. One idea is to create 7 T-boxes that goto the next one & have each language recorded in each one?
It sounds like alot of work, but so is getting these vox files to sound "good" in the Elitemail.

www.phonelinetech.com

"Can I Still Call Out?"
do a search for vox in the nec forum.it has to be vox. and at a certain bit rate & also mono if i remember right

any luck zgembo? id like to archive all current system voice prompts (already done) and replace with a new system voice across the board. a lot faster to file transfer all the right files at the same time.... or at least folder by folder.

anyone know a good freeware/shareware app to convert files? tia!

Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did, and it never will. Find out just what people will submit to, and you have found out the exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them.

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,610 Shoretel
189,498 CTX100 install
187,732 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 87 guests, and 335 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024