web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline
I've contacted a technician and got a price. $75 trip charge and $105 per hour. We're thinking of calling him out, but before we do I have one last question:

I have some information written down on paper that says "System Login" and "Password". Is there a way for me tell if that is indeed our password?! Or will this technician be able to figure out or reset it?! I don't want him to come all the way out here and not be able to do any work because we're without password.

Maybe there's something I can press to login with password and then I can hang up?!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Tech will be able to get the password info for you. Passwords can not be posted here.

The price for the service call is fair

We get old too soon, smart too late
OP Offline
I was never asking to post a password. I was just asking if there was a way for me to do a FEATURE of some sort that will require me to input a password. That way I can tell if what I have is correct.

The short answer is "no."

Where exactly are you located?

OP Offline
We're located in New Jersey. We have a technician coming out first thing in the morning. I told the lady on the phone that not only would we like to fix our problem that we want to change some of the voice prompts and she said the technician will stay with us as long as we need.

I will watch him do things to change greeting, voice prompts, etc and have him set us up with admin so we can add/change voicemail users.

Do yourself a favor and get a phone number for whenever you're felling brave and want to tackle the next thing with your system.... NEC programming can spiral out of control if you don't know what you're doing. Also, a lot of things can be walked through via cell phone with you and the tech if they don't have a problem doing tech support over the phone.
I'm not trying to be offensive so please don't take any. I've just seen this happen way too much and could have been solved with a phone call.

The Rat
OP Offline
No offense taken. I just want to clarify that none of us here did anything wrong. The system had did it all on it's own.

I am happy to report our system is up and running. What had happened with is that somehow the system got put into "Holiday Mode" and we had no greeting set for that, so it would default to Amy Ronk.

We used ComTec in New Jersey which we found through NEC website and we couldn't be more happy with them. J.J. was very knowledgable and helped us do everything we needed: how to setup/delete voicemail users, how to change our greeting, how to set a night greeting, how to change our directions, etc. I would highly reccommend them based on my experience.

Their prices were very reasonable I think. He was here about 1 hour 45 minutes to 2 hours time and it was less money than another guy who we had used in the past who was only helping us over the phone for like 15 mins!

OP Offline
.. as for that reply.. the short answer was "yes".

Hit the voicemail button, hit # to bring me to the main greeting, dial **** and then input my password.

We wanted to do this in order to find out if the password we had was correct before the technician came out.

Originally posted by telephoneguy:
The short answer is "no."

Where exactly are you located?
"Please do not post access codes or passwords in a public forum"

I just disabled my speaker phone while playing with the feature buttons (I think I hit feature 70) and now can not be heard from my speakerphone AND my handset is like using a walkie-talkie. Anyone know how to undo this and where I can get a list of feature # combinations and what they do?
We have an Electra Elite 48.

Thanks to those who listen and to those who help!
I took some of the advice above and searched the NEC site for a NEC approved vendor. I found one nearby and told them my issue. Feature 1 re-enables the speakerphone. I also told him if he could answer that question I have more on-site work for him -- he is coming out next week!!
This question is closed.

Thanks to those who listen and to those who help!
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,307
Posts638,900
Members49,771
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
213,023 Shoretel
190,201 CTX100 install
188,382 1a2 system
Newest Members
dcl, Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks
49,771 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 19
teleco 6
jsaad 5
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (newtecky), 120 guests, and 28 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024