web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Well thats as much info as I've collected from the internet. Now I'm here for help. I have a 21 year old elevator lobby phone meant to dial elevator cab from a high rise building. The setup was changed several years ago with cab auto dialer direct to elev company and the lobby phone has since become obsolete. (Funny part of this is that the condo had the phone line taken out by a one time board member when the building was built, he passed away 9 years ago and have being paying the bills for years) The phone is red without rotary dialer. I took it apart and there is a keypad auto dialer and 3 dip switches to right of #3. There is a nine volt battery attached. Right now it dials 911 by default (OOPS!!). As soon as the receiver goes off hook it dials (ring down). I thought it might be a novality to install if I new more about it. Any help would help guys.....Thanks

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Sounds like it may be an OLD Hotline autodial phone by Viking Electronics. I have used many since 1988. I do remember the old ones used an ITT housing and had a dial pad and the 3 dip switches and a 9 volt battery inside. Viking has changed the case and electronics over the years.
Of course there have been many other suppliers of this type of phone.

https://www.vikingelectronics.com/products/view_product.php?pid=134

Give their support line a call they are very helpful.

Super good advice, Mike. Where you been, man? Registered in 2007 and only seven posts? We need your brain here, my brother! Keep it up!

BTW, I hope to be in Canada at least twice this year. I'll keep my GWN (Great White North) friends posted as things begin to gel. Canada is a country that I've longed to explore and I couldn't imagine doing it without the company of a couple of phone geeks along the way.

"Press play and record at the same time" -- Tim Alberstein
OP Offline
Not alot of help so far. The product is older than the link. Viking doesn't even list it so I know it's that obsolete. I researched it to the point that it might even be a K-1500W-2.
https://cgi.ebay.com/VIKING-K-1500W...tZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3354fd8b8b

I found one on ebay that look very similar. I still don't know how to program it. For the amount of time my son spends talking with girlfriend it's worth having a hot line. Come on, some one has seen one of these beasts. I even think I've seen taxi company using these hotlines.

Best bet is to call Viking tech support at 715-386-8666 and see what they have to say.

Moderator-ESI - Executone
Moderator-ESI - Executone
Or it may be hooked up to an external type dialer, we used to install a little black box called ' Hotshot ' I think it was a company called Zoom.

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel..

Retirement 2019 ( It has happened )
Sounds like an ITT 2554 wall phone with some sort of hot dialer. We still have a few around in some elevators.

We have changed a lot out to the push button Viking Dialer's.

Cosmo

Rick "Cosmo" Mercure
Tri Star Telecom
Sebring, FL http://www.tristartelecom.net
OP Offline
Thanks for the help, the lobby phone is obsolete and not required anymore in its present location. The elevator had been upgraded with simple hands free, push buttton to Turner Elevator in Ohio. (from Canada, hope its 1-800)

Viking called it a K-1500W-2 hot line dialer. After contacting them, they emailed the program info for it. Now son has his own personnel special hottie line to his girl friend without mom having to find the phone for him. lol

RIP Admin-Founder
RIP Admin-Founder
Who you callin old timers? :rolleyes:

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024