Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#235466 10/10/07 04:26 AM
OP Offline
I have a customer that has AA answer all 7 Loop Start lines and then transfers to Ext. System was installed in Aug 07. Since the beginning when you call and the AA answers the Greeting is very low. Once you press the Opt and it transfers you MOH plays breifly and the volume is nice and loud. When the employee answers the call out of the InMail the volume is nice and loud. Also the customer will call and say that they are not receiving any calls. So I test it and the InMail is not answering. A system restart will fix the InMial not answering but not the AA volume.

Also when they answere the call out of VM and are talking to a customer they can hear the greeting being played for another call. Restart will fix this.

I spoke with InMail group and they told me to just record the greeting louder. Not happy with that reply. I replaced the InMail, DSP Board, CPU, COID8.

All lines are set to DIL to AA. If I change them to DIL to a virtual on everyone's phones the problem seems to go away.

I have reprogrammed the system to see if the datatbase is corrupted (have not uploaded yet) but I took the same datatbase in this system and loaded to another system exactly the same and changed the Ext. #'s and names and that system is working fine.

Any Ideas would be great!! Thanks

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Man, it sounds like you've covered all the bases. The only thing left that I can think of would be the backplane, something on the powerbus. I'd replace the cabinet.

I would speak with the supervisor of the tech who told you to record the greeting louder, that is not like NEC at all.

We get old too soon, smart too late
OP Offline
I just replace the cabinet this morning and right away the InMail volume was still low. Also when listening to the AA when there is a hint of silence you hear scratchiness.

Sounds like you covered most of what you can, the only thing I can think of is voltage problem, maybe bad ground

We get old too soon, smart too late
I'm just wondering if the DSP card or flashrom may have a problem. Can you get an advance replacement of both from NEC??

Regards,

Paul W
Now back to a 0 day week. Love these 7 day weekends.
OP Offline
I have replaced the DSP and the InMail. I took the Cabinet I just put in there and The CPU, DSP, and InMail that I have replaced and put it in our office and tested and it sounded just fine. Today they had to reset the system because the InMail quit working. When the AA quits working I had them hit the message key to see if VM would answer this way and it did nothing. System resart fixed it.

Check the loop current on your trunks and make sure it is not to high, also check the polarity of the trunks. I have found a few weird things happen in the IPK2 if the polarity is reversed. The loop current being to high can cause "scratchiness" if your not sure about what it should be check out mike sandman's web page he has some great tips on there.

OP Offline
I will chek that.

Are you recording the greeting yourself. If not watch the person who is.

I have this problem a lot not only with NECs but with other systems to.

Usually the person recording the greeting is not holding the mike part of the handset in front of their mouth, it is below the mouth and is to far away form their mouth. If they hold it no more than 1 inch away and in front of their mouth and speak in a normal tone of voice it works fine.

To avoid this type of problem I like to get a scrip of the greeting and prerecord them before the installation. I know that this will not always be possible.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,298
Posts638,870
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,710 Shoretel
189,753 CTX100 install
187,917 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 27
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (dmcdream), 148 guests, and 333 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024