web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#235515 10/12/07 06:55 AM
Toolie Offline OP
OP Offline
I have an Aspire system with Intramail. I have the incoming CO trunks ringing to a 3 extension chain of virtual extensions using fixed call forwarding. I have call coverage keys programmed on user extensions to create a 3-layered ringing system for incoming calls. So far, so good. Works great.

If the call isn't answered, what it does right now is continue to ring at the last "virtual extension" unitl the caller gives up and hangs up.

I would like to forward the last virtual extension to a message center voice mail box (a subscriber mail box with a key appearance at the receptionist phone). I have been trying to set this up, but after the third extension, what I get forwared to is the Voice Mail master.

I'm sure I am just missing a simple setting somewhere, but I can't seem to figure out what it is.

Help?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

You may be better of creating a department group and use the overflow to a master mailbox.

Set the incoming trunks to DIL to the Department Pilot number.

In the IntraMail make the master mailbox for the pilot number a call routing box and then use a different DAT table for that box.

In that DAT set the time out function to go to Rec1 for a diferent Virtual extension (example 799).
Put a Voicemail key (77) for 799 on the receptionists phone.

The setup with CFNA hopping to many different extensions causes problems with integration digits going to Vmail.

Toolie Offline OP
OP Offline
I will sure give that a try. But , I still think if I forward an extension to Voice Mail on Ring/No Answer, it should go to its own voice mail box.

The setup I have tired goes to the Voice Mail master instead. That just doesn't seem right to me.

Thanks for the suggestion!

I just want to make sure of this, have you created the mailbox for this virtual?

I ask because sometimes the most obvious is the one I forget.

We get old too soon, smart too late
Toolie Offline OP
OP Offline
Yes, I gave the virtual extension its own subscriber mailbox, and recorded a simple greeting. Set it to Fixed Call Forward on ring no answer.

When I call in to the system, all I get is the nice "IntraMail Lady" saying Thank you for calling.........

Do you know what answering table its going to?
Once you know this you will be able to see what dial action table is used.
What you can try is time out to I beleive record 1 virtual mailbox. Than go to your routing box options and change dialing timeout, try setting to 0 seconds.

We get old too soon, smart too late
I would do this, make 3 virtual mailboxes that match your virtual extentions. Record which box it is in the greeting and call. I would make a guesse that the first virtual is the one its looking for due to the call forwarding nature of the system..the look back feature.

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,097 Shoretel
187,703 CTX100 install
186,792 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 93 guests, and 235 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024