Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
zachdha Offline OP
OP Offline
I have an Elite IPK which I recently had our techs install an ESIB(8) and an SLIB(4) into. We already had an ESIB(8) with an ESIE(8) installed which were full, hence the addition of the new ESIB(8).

The tech successfully installed the SLIB. He installed the ESIB, but could get no extensions to work on it. The known good DTerm80's say "initialize" and then go blank. His conclusion was the card was defective. The LED lights up on the card just as the others in the system, but that appears to be the only indicator.

I can only find one other post on here of that happening, and it was mysteriously solved once the user reinitialized the entire system (hard reset w/o battery attached).

My next step is to have the tech order a new ESIB to try. (The tech did not supply the ESIB he installed.)

I have also thought about just swapping the two ESIBs.. but haven't yet. Does anyone have any ideas?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I would rotate the ESIBs first. If the same problem than have the tech check station number to port assignment.

We get old too soon, smart too late
Also check your software level, go to any phone and press [feature] then 3.

Version 1.02 had a known issues like that and was a free upgrade to 1.04.

D

zachdha Offline OP
OP Offline
My software is 1.3.

The tech installed the cards w/o powering down the system. Is it safe to rotate the ESIB's with out powering down? If not, is there any procedure I should perform to power down w/o losing my configuration info?

As for checking the port assignments .. How can I check that w/o altering any settings? I have the programming manual -- and from looking at it, it seems that mem block 4-10 is where I should look.

Apparently, my first ESIB(8) runs from 01-08, the ESIE(8) from 09-16, and the ESIE from 17-20. I would assume then my new ESIB(8) should start with 21 through 28, and new ESIE(4) from 29 through 32?

I'm questioning what the tech did b/c I found a note he scribbled on.. which said "ESI - 010" "SLI=17" "CARD 5 = 25" "SLI=33 200"

None of which really seem to fall within the ports I would assume they would be. but then, I'm just making assumptions .. I don't have a ton of experience with this system.

Yes you can install and remove cards with system powered up. 4-10 is the correct memory block to confirm or change station to port numbering. Write down your port numbers starting with 01, as you go threw 4-10 document the station numbers.

7-1 will tell you the port assignment to each card

I don't know if your problem is the same as one that we had, but there is a jumper on the ESIB to select either U20 or U10. I believe the software version dictates which position the jumper should be in.

I know a little about a lot, and a lot about little.
zachdha Offline OP
OP Offline
My ESIB has no jumpers. Just two LEDs and a button. (although the pn is ESIB(8)-U10)

I have the port->station assignments identified from 4-10.

I'm a bit confused with 7-1 though.
LK7+LK1,[RECALL]+LK1
I get:
1->01:ESI 8
on the display, and I'm not sure where to go next with that to get the info I need.

FYI: ports 01-08 are my 1st ESIB(8), 09-16 are ESIE(8), 17-20 are 1st SLIE(4), 21-24 appear to be for voicemail, 25-32 appear to be the new ESIB(8), and 33-36 appear to be the new SLIB(4).

I guess I need to verify 25-32 are indeed assigned to the 2nd ESIB, and that the ESIB is indeed assigned to the cabinet slot 5.. ?

And thanks for the help.. I appreciate it.

zsmilesss,

You are absolutely right, the newer ESIB cards have to be set to U10 when installed in a IPK.

Change the Card to an ESIB8 by going to LK7 LK1 press recall btn until you get to page 5 then press LK1 and it should change it to an ESIB8.

I know a little about a lot, and a lot about little.
zachdha Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks, zsmilessss. I was going after the wrong card. But again, I'm not sure what to do after getting to the point where the display shows:

5 09:
1->01:ESIB 8

The manual doesn't really tell me how to display the slot #. what am I missing?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,290
Posts638,801
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,374 Shoretel
189,058 CTX100 install
187,410 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 3
dans 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (JBean3329), 97 guests, and 400 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024