web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Threk Offline OP
OP Offline
Ok, I'm posting about paging horns again....

A client bought a DSX 80 and they would like to have the paging horn in the Shop in a different zone than the horn in the wash bay.

I thought you could do this by connecting the 2nd horn to a CO, but I can't seem to get a CO into a page zone, and just selecting that line gives me a busy signal.

(24V one way horns, they work fine when I hook them all up to external page)

I can't seem to find anything in the Documentation about paging horns separately. Did I just miss it in the docs, or what else can I do?

Thanks

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

It sounds like you don't have and need a trunk adapter for the paging equipment...

I ran into a similar problem...the old system was a legend with one of the trunks connected to a trunk adapter which was then connected to the amplifier.

I tried connecting the Paging port to the trunk adapter and directly to the amp, and it didn't work.

In the end, I connected a free trunk port to the trunk adapter, programmed a line button on the phones (labeled overhead page), and we were off to the races.

I don't know of any way to put the CO line into a zone per se...

Check out Viking, they manufacture equipment for multiple paging zones including talk back if needed.

We get old too soon, smart too late
With version 2.xx software, additional External Paging speakers can be connected using the 2PGDAD module.

This module connects to a station port and has two channels which can be configured independantly as Page Outputs, Audio Inputs or Door Box connections.

The station can then be placed in any page group.

Threk Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks guys, I'm going to see if the place we got the Horns at has anything like this in stock.

Valcom makes a analog station page adapter, under a hundred bucks, it works great also when you need to do paging from an off-site VOIP

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,299
Posts638,872
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,720 Shoretel
189,755 CTX100 install
187,919 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 27
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (nfcphoneman), 76 guests, and 331 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024