web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
So this one is a stumper. It might be an issue that's not fixable because of my configuration but I figured I'd see if I could get some more ideas. My current vendor (BlackBox) is also working on this but they are trying to avoid calling NEC, afraid that they will say this config is not supported.

I have an IPK II running V1.60 software, 3 cabinets, 5 T1s (3 LD, 1 PRI, 1 for TieLine to rightfax that emulates a CO) and two Elitemail LX cards. (For more information, read this thread: IPK II advanced configuration with RightFax )

Essentially, we are running two businesses but they need to be separated. One side cannot reach the other (ex; business one is ext 1xx, business 2 is ext 4xx) on the customer's point of view. We did this by adding a second voicemail card and making sure that they can't get to the first business, and it works pretty good.

My issue is with internal calls to extension in business 2. I have a department group that hunts the 4 2nd voicemail card ports. If I call ext 400 from an outside line and it goes to voicemail, I get ext 400s voicemail box. If I call internally to ext 400, I get the opening greeting on the voicemail card. If I changed call forwarding all settings to point to individual ports (instead of department group) of the voicemail card, it works. It seems like its not detecting the extension if the call is made inter-office, this breaks transferring a customer to a voicemail. There are a couple of work arounds, but none of them are great, such as pointing people to direct vm ports or calling the external main number and then entering the extension.

I know that dual voicemails are not 'officially' supported by NEC and honestly we were surprised it worked this good without the CPU flipping out. I might have reached a limitation but wanted to see if I could query the collective. smile

Cabe

Cabe Butler
IT Manager, Advanced Care Scripts, Inc.

One day, Dr. Zoidberg will rule the world!
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Mitel, NEC, Vodavi
Moderator-Mitel, NEC, Vodavi
I have tried to VM in an IPK, but not an IPKII. It worked in an IPK, but it wasn't flawless & we ended up splitting an 8 port VMP to 4 ports for each company. The issue with doing that is there is only 1 company directory.

OP Offline
We were going to go that way but couldn't due to capacity issues when we found out our VMP is maxed at 8 ports (our last vendor said 16). luckily this is the worst issue we have, we may just end up splitting users between ports, at times there could be problems if two callers try to go to the main port (I believe it just drops them into the auto attendant at that point). I'm also going to try a couple of things later tonight to see why its not passing on to their box when called internally.

I wonder if I can call forward busy vmp ports.

Cabe Butler

I think this should work.

We have several IPK II sites with Elitemail LX & CTI LX along with a third party analog fax server. We set up a department group for the fax server ports & FWD ALL the VE's to the pilot, however, I never tried a FWD NOANS.

www.phonelinetech.com

"Can I Still Call Out?"
OP Offline
Instead of doing department group, I decided to go a little dirty and it seems to work. I still got more testing to do to make sure this hasn't broke anything else, but here's how its set now.

490 VM 1
491 VM 2
492 VM 3
493 VM 4

Set call forward/all calls on each vm port, have 490 forward to 491 and so on, 493 forwards to 490.

Set the user's extension to forward to 490 on call forward busy/no ans.

If 490 is busy, it'll forward to 491 and so on.

Now, it works initially, but I still need to test to make sure it doesn't break anything but so far it looks good. It looks like dept group was having problems forwarding the ext information over for some strange reason.

I'll update once testing has been completed.

Cabe Butler

OP Offline
Well my idea for BUSY/NA didn't work on the VM ports. 491 would forward to 492 but if 492 was busy it wouldn't goto 493. Seems it'll only hit the first forward rule.

I ended up doing the following
475 (dept Group)
|--470(VE)-->490
|--471(VE)-->491
|--472(VE)-->492
|--473(VE)-->493

The VEs were all set to Forward All Calls and pointed to the corresponding VM port.

After much testing, this seemed to work.

Cabe Butler

The reason why you are able to program both boards as voice mails in the system is because you can have 16 ports of voice mail, but it is on the CTP LX board. The VMP board is your limitation, that board only goes go 8 ports. I have never tried putting 2 voice mails in on system, but I wanted to let you know you could get a bigger in-skin voice mail.

OP Offline
NEC, BlackBox told me about that fact, ACS however told me that the EliteMail LX VMP card itself would support a 16 ports after a software upgrade when the VMP was initially installed, as in there would be no need to upgrade to the CTP LX.

However, at this point upgrade to the CTP LX board was stalled by cost, since we had just purchased the EliteMail LX VMP back in August and the 4 port just recently.

Related, anyone know how to troubleshoot department group fast busy? My above configuration (the post right before NEC Tek's reply) worked on Friday and Saturday but now generates a Fast Busy and I can't seem to work around it/find out what's causing it. It still does that even if I remove call forward all calls from the extensions it forwards to or remove existing extensions and add a previously working extension to it (one of the VMP ports).

Comparing the last save on Friday with what the switch has configured currently shows no changes have been made.

Cabe Butler

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,293
Posts638,829
Members49,768
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,581 Shoretel
189,463 CTX100 install
187,619 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 6
jsaad 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (Yoda), 119 guests, and 227 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024