web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
I have a client who has a DSX-80 system installed. I have never done telco before, I am strictly computer trained and have done Wintel and network consulting, but I am attempting to help them out on the phone system as well.

I have successfully used the System Administrator software to configure the Intramail system to function as the AA and correctly route calls based on the dial action menu. The issues I am having are:

1) When an extension is rung, it takes about 20 seconds for voicemail to pickup, even if the extension is set to fwd bna>>voicemail. I have the timers set for lower than 20 seconds (1601-1=10, 1602-2=8, 1601-3=10, 1601-4=10) but to no avail, the caller will still hear ringing for 20 seconds or so before the voicemail picks up.

2) When the AA picks up, it gives a caller three choices - dial the extension, access the dial by name directory, or press 0 for the operator. That part works fine. My client, however, needs to be able to have a call to the operator directed to a "backup operator" if the primary is out of the office. I can't enable forwarding from the primary operator's extension to the secondary operator because then all calls, even those meant for the primary, would go to the secondary. Is there a way to do this without changing the dial action table on the days the primary operator isn't in the office?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

PM sent.

OP Offline
Thanks for the respones. Darn, I was hoping for a quick and easy fix to the problem. Guess no such luck.

This is really not a difficult problem(s)But a bit much to explain here...contact us at 661-466-4447. or [email protected] of the guys can easily walk you through it.

I think that maybe a good solution for the operator/backup operator might be a call coverage key set to delay ring.

There is a setting in the dsx where you can tell the system to have 2 operators, but I've never used that feature and don't know how it works.

Aaron
Moderator-NEC
Moderator-NEC
Unless the extensions are set to hunt on no answer or busy no answer it will follow the transfer recall timer. I recommend the that no answer is set to 700 for all extensions with VM.

for number 2 use a call forward button to forward the calls when needed.

OP Offline
Originally posted by ttech:
Unless the extensions are set to hunt on no answer or busy no answer it will follow the transfer recall timer. I recommend the that no answer is set to 700 for all extensions with VM.
Right now, when an outside call comes in, the AA picks up after one ring. When the caller punches in the desired extension, that extension will ring for about 20 seconds before going to VM, even when the extension is set to Fwd BNA > VM. The four incoming timer settings are all set at 10 seconds or lower.

By reading your reply, it sounds as if the system is employing two of the timers, the transfer recall timer and the Cfwd NA timer, which are both set currently at 10 and 8 respectively. If I set both of these to a lower value, say 5 secs each, would that make the call go to VM in 10 secs as opposed to 20.

Originally posted by ttech:
for number 2 use a call forward button to forward the calls when needed.
Would that not then forward all calls from that extension? Currently, the dial action table for the auto attendant is configured so that a caller pressing 0 is transferred to extension 301. What they want to have happen (if at all possible) is when the person who is at extension 301 is at lunch, out of the office, etc. set the system so that callers who key in ext 301 still go to 301's VM, but people who key in 0 are directed to a different extension. The only thing I can think of to solve that is to temporarily remap the 0 in the dial action to ring a different extension.

Moderator-NEC
Moderator-NEC
I don't usually have to change those timers, so I am not sure, But keep in mind that the ring cadence on the DSX phones is faster than what the outside callers hear. I have has users say it is taking 7 or 8 rings for the calls to go to voicemail, but the outside caller is hearing 4 or 5

for #2 unfortunately that is how the system works for now. May be someday the Night key will do more than it currently does. You could try with override under the SA function of the VM. Another angle would be to have 0 goto a ring group and put a cover button for that ring group on the phone then when ever you want the coverage dial #RAL and turn on the ringing on that button.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe that a call that is transferred from the AutoAttendant to an extension will recall to the VM (to the subscriber's mailbox) following the Transfer Recall Timer ...16-03-01 (Default setting of 20 sec's)... if not answered. If the customer puts his extension in DND, the caller will go directly to the mailbox without the 20 second ring.

For item #2, you could change your dial action table's "0" option to UTRF to ring group 600, then put the secretary and additional stations in that ring group (2113-02). then when a caller dials "0" for the operater, all stations withing that ring group will ring.

"I didn't do it, and I won't do it again"
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,622 Shoretel
189,511 CTX100 install
187,771 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 198 guests, and 332 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024