Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#236607 02/17/08 09:17 AM
DSIDAVE Offline OP
OP Offline
The system had 6 lines at the old office, we moved the system to the new office and the customer got 8 lines. I cross connected the two lines to the existing block/wiring. Line 7 has dial tone and line 8 doesn't. Is there programming that needs to be done to make it work?

Thanks, Dave :shrug:

You win some, you lose some, and some get rained out, but you gotta suit up for them all.
J. Askenberg
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-NEC
Moderator-NEC
Try swapping the line1-4 plug with the line5-8 plug on the trunk card. If line 8 works and line 4 dosen't you will be able to better trace the root of the problem. As long as a line 8 button is programmed on the phone the basic call features of that line should work.

The outside pins (line 8) on the CO line card jack are probably bent from using a 6-pin RJ-11 plug at some point. Take a look.

I bet'cha Deus is right, been there done that.. Just buy the pre-made cables . It saves alot of headaches in the long run!! Besides the time it takes to make cables you could be doing something more productive other than making up cables! just my 2 cents though! I buy the pre-mades for around XXX bucks and my hour time is worth way more than that, well at least I hope so... Take it how you want to!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you insist on making your own you should check out the EZ RJ crimper. Or use the same brand crimper and plugs or you will have problems no doubt!! Every one else should agree! If I were making my own I would take a 25 pair cable and crimp both ends and check with testers to make sure I have end to end continuity! But you don't have to take my word for it!!!!!!!!!!

[Edited by Keighlar to remove pricing information only]

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,297
Posts638,867
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,673 Shoretel
189,632 CTX100 install
187,867 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Carl Navarro), 140 guests, and 267 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024