web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
milldog Offline OP
OP Offline
Just wondering how to get rid of message waiting lamp from handset. I deleted several mailboxes but the light on the handset shows new messages. Can't go through prompts because mailbox doesn't exist. Tried feature 99 feature, reset of CPU, but light still remains. I have recreated mailboxes and tried to delete messages but says there is no new messages. Light still remains

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

rebuild the mailbox, remove the first time user tutorial, leave a msg in that mailbox, then delete it. Then delete the mailbox.

Pain in the @ss, but it will work.

D

Whty do you think its a VM light? It might be MSG left from some extension or call back request.If your soft key active you can take a look who left a MSG.

Feature 88 feature will cancel the light. If I remember it cancels all lights but the system will re-lamp phones that do have messages.

We get old too soon, smart too late
milldog Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally posted by vad60:
Whty do you think its a VM light? It might be MSG left from some extension or call back request.If your soft key active you can take a look who left a MSG.
I wish it was, but I have the voicemail pilot number displayed on the phone indicating I have a new message. The mailbox has been deleted so I can't retrieve messages. The VMS is a third party device and has poor integration. I think Doghart's idea will work. I was also thinking of default system then reload database.

I'm sure this is a common thing but it isn't mentioned in any Service Info Bulletin within NEC

My 2 bits... can you simply cancel your message waiting on the phone?

I typically have to do this: Speaker, 773, Hang up

Originally posted by Greg H:
My 2 bits... can you simply cancel your message waiting on the phone?

I typically have to do this: Speaker, 773, Hang up
That's the IPKII code Greg. The IPK is way more FUN to deal with than that. call

D

Not real familiar with that Vmail but have seen some Vmails that allow message notification/pager callouts to be set by the user and these people don't realize what they have turned on.

So you could have a mailbox set up by mistake and the box has a message but is turning your light on.

Have seen this when users turn on message notification to their own phone and a message is left, Vmail calls phone, ring no answer to Vmail kicks in and Vmail records the message " you have a voicemail" Now its stuck in a loop until the mailbox gets full.

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,293
Posts638,829
Members49,768
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,572 Shoretel
189,444 CTX100 install
187,602 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 28
teleco 9
dexman 6
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 135 guests, and 236 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024