web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#237589 05/23/08 02:10 AM
IM Offline OP
OP Offline
For the past couple weeks, when the operator phone is set to night mode, we can no longer hear the operator phone ring when there are incoming calls, only the line's light flashes.

This is probably simple to correct, but when system was installed 6 years ago, we didn't receive the manual.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#237590 05/23/08 02:19 AM
That is the purpouse of the Night Mode. If you need to change that you need to reprogram the system or not to put it in Night mode until you go home.

#237591 05/23/08 06:51 AM
Generally, when the system is programmed for night mode, the intent is for the ringing to go elsewhere, e.g., voice mail's auto attendant, another station, CAR key programmed to call-forward to answering service, night chime over paging horn, etc.

What operation is intended for this site? What scenario is expected when in night mode? If night mode IS intended to ring the operator station when in night mode, check the ringer volume (press speaker, dial 601, set volume, press speaker).

"I didn't do it, and I won't do it again"
#237592 05/29/08 02:46 AM
IM Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks, I appreciate your replies.

Phone system is placed in night mode daily at 5:30pm. The reason we want to hear the phone ring while in night mode is: when someone is working after hours, they may choose to answer a call or they may be expecting a call.

When phone system was installed 6 years ago, the installer programmed a button on the operator phone so we only had to press that button to set night mode.

Since then, when night mode was set, we could hear the operator phone ring. I think this ring sounded different than the daytime ring.

This was the case until 2 weeks ago, when the operator phone stopped ringing when in night mode. When this was first noticed, I checked the ringer volume, that did not help.

I don't know if this is releated, but at that same time the receptionist was recording a new greeting, could she have pressed a sequence of buttons by accident that could have caused this?

Thanks

#237593 05/29/08 03:51 AM
Can you tell me what is the difference in operation between your day mode and night mode? In the day mode, what rings?
In the night mode, what rings? Is anything else supposed to happen.... like voice mail picking up?

Generally, the system is programmed for when in night mode, nothing rings, the voice mail's auto attendant will pick up immediately.

Can you provide more details as to what you want to happen?

"I didn't do it, and I won't do it again"

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,279
Posts638,738
Members49,763
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,284 Shoretel
188,167 CTX100 install
187,014 1a2 system
Newest Members
gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo, highlysecptial, BPopilek
49,762 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 14
dexman 4
teleco 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 114 guests, and 58 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024