web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Kumba Offline OP
OP Offline
I have a customer that wants me to integrate my predictive dialer with their NEC system. Here is a scenario on the configuration I am thinking of setting up.

I will provide a SIP trunk (as far as the NEC is concerned) from my dialer. My dialer will then initiate a call to the NEC with a special DID that maps directly to a specific phone (extension 101 = DID 101, etc). And this would be all the integration needed.

My questions are as follows:
1) Does this sound like a good scenario as far as the NEC is concerned? Any suggestion on other methods?
2) What practical limits should I be aware of? I.E. the routing table in the NEC will only map X number of did's, etc.
3) Any special hardware needed on the NEC end of the puzzle?

I would think that the NEC system would have plenty of capacity and that this should be well within it's operational design. All the work will be performed by the customer's phone vendor but seeing as I don't know them I came here seeking some more trusted advice. I would also like to advise the customer on any gotcha's to look out for before just haphazardly proceeding with the integration.

As always, I appreciate your time and any feedback you may give. Thanks.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

One thing to ask is:

Is the predictive dialer going request a login for the user of the NEC phone so the calls can be connected to the correct phone? Is the predictive dialer going to be able to read the particular messages sent from the IPS2000 showing a call idle, busy, or logged out?
What you are wanting to do sounds easy enough until pull back the hood so to speak.

As long as the IPS is up to SIP trunk s/w levels etc. it should be fine. If not, a T-1 set as TIE/DID will accomplish the same thing.

Pat Austin
Teleco Inc.
Product Manager/Sales Engineer
Adtran ATSP
TCTE/CTP Certified

Teleco Homepage
Kumba Offline OP
OP Offline
I can see where you are going. The system I have uses a web-interface to control the underlying dialer functions. As part of the web log-in procedure the agent selects the phone extension they are currently sitting at so that the dialer can call them on that phone.

So from start to finish the way it would work would be:

1) User logs into web interface and indicates phone they are at
2) Dialer initiates call to specific DID that maps to specific phone
3) Phone rings, agent picks up phone
4) Dialer handles the rest of the call features internally (music on hold, conferencing, park, transfer, etc)

By having each extension on the system also have a unique DID I can transfer and conference calls around to extensions that aren't "logged-in" to the dialer easy enough. This gives a fairly seamless appearance of transfer and conferencing. Parking would definitely be out of the immediate realm of possibility so I'll have to let them know about that.

The dialer doesn't get too involved in the status of the extensions because it uses a persistent connection to the agent while they are logged into the web interface. This means that if the agent is logged in for 4 hours they will have their phone off-hook for 4-hours as well. Also why I HIGHLY recommend headsets. Most of the host phone systems can easily enough indicate other phone calls coming into the phone so the agent can just "Pause" their session on the dialer, hit the hold button on their phone, then pick up the other line.

So what I need to make the customer aware of is that parking function between the dialer and their PBX wont work.

Based upon my expanded explanation of how some of the other parts work, does it still sound like a viable solution?

Ok, I see what you are saying. I saw this type of system setup on an old Toshiba. The only difference is it was using PRI instead of SIP trunks. The "agent" logged in thru a website and "registered" his or her DID number with the dialer. He or she then got the call when the system saw the DID was idle. Yeah, this should work.

Kumba Offline OP
OP Offline
Sounds good. I appreciate the feedback.

It's always nice to find a solution that works for me as well as for the phone system itself.

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,769
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,455 Shoretel
188,311 CTX100 install
187,085 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 157 guests, and 305 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024