web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Electra Elite 192, EliteMail CTI

Quick summary:
"Forward All Calls" will return to the original extension's voicemail if the forwarded number doesn't answer.

"Forward on Busy/No Answer (B/NA)" won't return to the original extension's voicemail if the forwarded number isn't answered; the forwarded phone just rings until the call times out.

How can I set up the B/NA to behave the same way as "Forward All Calls"?

I've tried all the permutations in the Transfer and Action settings that I can think of. I've used the Personal ID and Extension as the GOTOID.
No luck.

Any ideas/answers would be appreciated.

Jim

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Put the settings for the subscribers mailbox settings back to where they were! Check your extensions call forward BNA by pressing speaker, 43 & your Elitemail Pilot number from each phone.

www.phonelinetech.com

"Can I Still Call Out?"
Yes do not use your voicemail application fields to forward your phone. Use your phone and system to forward the calls.

OP Offline
Doesn't seem to matter what the fields are set to. I've tinkered with them and reset them back to their defaults.

I am using the phone(s) to forward the calls.

B/NA forwarded calls don't return to the original extension's voicemail box if the forwarded number isn't answered.

That's what I need fixed.

Jim

What do you see in the telephone LCD when you press speaker & dial 43? You should see "FWD BNA [ ]", this is where you would put your Elitemail pilot number, then you should get a confirmation tone, then hang up. Does the system even let you do this?

www.phonelinetech.com

"Can I Still Call Out?"
If you see the correct pilot number then check and see what your call forward timers are set to.

We get old too soon, smart too late
OP Offline
Maybe I'm being a bit unclear in what works and what doesn't.

Case 1
Call forwarding for all calls works fine (Spkr+41)
Voicemail is received by the original recipient if the forwarded extension is busy/not answered.
This is what I want to see happen. It does.

Case 2
Call Forwarding on Busy/No Answer works fine (Spkr+43)
Voicemail is NOT received by the original recipient, because the BNA forwarded call just times out/terminates at the forwarded number.
This is NOT what I want to see happen. I want the same result as in Case 1; return to voicemail if the forwarded number is BNA.

Jim

It almost sounds as if call transfer in the VM is set to await answer instead of release.

Scott

Check memory block 1-2-22 Call Forward BNA Timer. Typically, we set it at 12 seconds. If it is set higher than 45 seconds, it might be conflicting with the Transfer Recall timer which is at 45 seconds by default. However, if this were the case, the call would recall back to the Voice Mail main greeting...

Make sure the mail box transfer setting is Y>X for release & the action field is take msg.

www.phonelinetech.com

"Can I Still Call Out?"
Per the features and spec manual,

Call Forward – Busy/No Answer forwards to another station only
once (cannot chain call).

I hope this helps.

All-Tronics Inc. Battle Creek Michigan 1-800-968-7171
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, justbill), 125 guests, and 233 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024