web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I have a group of users that fax out info. in an emergency (County Health Dept.) Right now they maintain lists and groups on multiple spreadsheets as well as three different fax machines.

Can anyone recommend a machine or application that would allow them to maintain their contacts and fax groups in one place and fax out the same message on 3 or 4 lines at once. :confused: (Current faxes behind a Nortel PBX providing the dial tone.)

It would be ideal if it could be done from their PCs. :bow:

--Steve

--Steve
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele

OCI Offline
I agree with the Multitech Faxfinder recommendation. it's affordable and reliable.

OP Offline
Thanks, Tommy. Will look into those.

Found this client/server software solution as well. Does't require dedicated hardware, can run on a networked PC or Windows server with up to 8 fax/modems:

https://www.faxtalk.com/products/ftmls/index.htm

In case anyone else is interested.

--Steve
OP Offline
OCI--

Have you used this solution. How's the user interface. Is it easy to administer? Allows multiple groups?

--Steve
OCI Offline
Yes. We have used the FF solution with few if any problems. User IF is basic and functional. Administration is also easy to use. A new version of the FF has been released in 2010 and Multitech has upgraded the feature set as well. Multiple groups? I think so but I suggest you contact the folks at Multitech to confirm.

sph Offline
If you are using Windows Server 2008, you can use the built-in fax server role:

Win 2008 Fax Server

There is similar functionality in Windows Server 2003 (and even with Win Server 2000) but it doesn't do routing of received faxes like Win 2008 does - instead all received faxes arrive in one Exchange/Outlook mailbox.

I have installed the FaxFinder product, works as advertised. Bonus: in my experience Multitech fax support has been A+.

Don't have experience with Faxtalk, but for the price it's worth a look. I've had experience with Brooktrout and MainPine multiline fax boards with no complaints.

OP Offline
Thanks again for the input.

--Steve

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,695
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,706 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
3 members (JBean3329, mongo5150, Curlycord), 101 guests, and 242 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024