Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#242078 10/19/09 09:08 AM
paulw Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi guys.

Any comments about the reliability of Netlink on the SV8100. We have a few sites down here but one in particular is driving us nuts. It's mostly a network problem but some mornings the customer arrives at work at one of the remotes they call to other nodes and but there is not speech and they have to repower the site. The alarm log shows "The trouble occurred by the CygnusLink relation. ï½¥The DSP resource was not able to be acquired at incomming/outgoing." We are also finding that these systems are gradually getting data corruption on them. Last week one of the nodes on this customer reported that analog fones could not call out though the settings are the same for all nodes. The site tech took out the analog blade and deleted it but when it was put back in it would not come up. The card was there but no ports.

Looks like we are going to have to rebuild the primary site and all the remotes again to see if we can sort this out.

I don't think the customer would mind too much if the systems came back online as they should. I suspect that Netlink is still a work in progress..

Thanx in advance..

Regards,

Paul W
Now back to a 0 day week. Love these 7 day weekends.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#242079 10/19/09 04:01 PM
I am operating under an assumption here, as I have been told that the SV8100 and the UX5000 are essentially the same thing with the same software.

WE use the Cygnilink system on the UX5000, and I agree that there are some quirky issues!

One thing I know is true on the Cyugnilink setup is that once the sites are linked, the programming of any changes, has to be done on the Primary system. So, if you delete that analog blade when the systems are linked - you need to do it through the Primary.

Work in progress? I agree.

#242080 10/20/09 09:39 AM
paulw Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally posted by Toolie:

One thing I know is true on the Cyugnilink setup is that once the sites are linked, the programming of any changes, has to be done on the Primary system. So, if you delete that analog blade when the systems are linked - you need to do it through the Primary.
Thanx for the feed back. That's what we did to delete the analog blade..

Regards,

Paul W
Now back to a 0 day week. Love these 7 day weekends.
#242081 10/23/09 09:30 AM
I am having a lot having problems with it. NEC says it is the network. You are only allowed 1% error on the network they the system will reboot or lock up.
Network guy tell me that I am crazy..

#242082 10/28/09 12:16 PM
I have 3 multi-sites up, no real issues at all. We did have issues with the first part of a new mult-site deployment using firmware 3.0, we were getting DSP issues, fixed it right away with 3.01, that did resolve some field complaints. Off to add 4 more nodes to the system next week, buzz around OK, and WY on a puddle jumper to hit theese places. All on a MPLS network, which takes a big headache away. Plus setup to use ToS, DHCP auto load CONFIG. Found it takes planning, and a good strong setup before deployment

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,418 Shoretel
189,181 CTX100 install
187,430 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (phonman123), 130 guests, and 414 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024