web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#242514 12/02/09 03:24 PM
OP Offline
I'm looking to try something that i think is theoretically possible. I would like to find out what it would take to take an IPK system, and possibly make an extension transmit over an LMRS (UHF mobile radio) system. There are more phones in the building than microphone ports for the radio, and this would allow in
stant & building wide access to the radio system w/o running to another room to answer local public safety dispatch.

An ideal solution would be a softkey programmed to bring up extension with radio attached, and another softkey right next to it that was "PTT" to key radio (momentary style - nonlatching)
System at hand (installed by vendor we no longer utilize)

IPK bearing the following cards;
CPUI (200) U10
COIB (4) U30
ESIB (8) U10
VMP (X) U40
(soon to be arriving by fedex) SPE(M) U10 card (which will allow the SAT software i have @ hand to work - correct?)

1) The LMRS radio is cake, i can pretty much program it at will to do whatever i need (radio tech @ heart), but i'm having issues trying to find out what i can do to make the IPK interact. I've explored ideas involving the Door relays and doorphones, but the archaic manual i found online for my system seems to indicate that the relays are adjustably timed from 1-9 seconds based on keypad trigger. This CAN work, but adds a myriad of confusion to the system which needs to be as simple as possible. Can the IPK system trip a nonlatching relay in momentary style without massive hardware hacking?

2) Audio path routing - What are my options to wiring in an audio path to and from the radio? I am going to assume i'm going to need a 1:1 matching transformer in between the two, but what's the safest way to wire in this path? Radio can be tapped for "floating leads", 2 wire or 4 wire output (one path full duplex or 2 half duplex)...but what's the best way to make the IPK interface with it

3) programming - hah, if i can figure out 1 & 2 i'll get to this one next.

4) anyone have an accurate manual for this beast? I have NOTHING.

THanks for all your help!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

KLD Offline
welcome to the BB.

Interesting but not a new project. Motorola used to make an interface for just such projects and all you needed was an SLT port.

Check the "Manual" link at the top of the page.

Have fun.

:thumb:

Ken
---------
OP Offline
Am i correct in assuming you mean a local or tone remote DC adapter?

OP Offline
I've checked the manual pages ad nausem, and i can't seem to find what i need. I contacted our Moto guy, and he said "what can the system provide?" I contacted our NEC dealer, and he said "What can the radio provide?".

Neither was able to solve problem once i spelled it out (with drawings) and tell me what components i would need, and such...so someone here has to have more information! wink

Our NEC repairman was out our way today, and we figured out that the biggest issue would be the PTT for the radio...audio path is kinda easy, but there's no way to make a momentary, on demand closure in the IPK to trip the radio...

any help?

You might look at an ECR card...Has 4 Relays.
Features and Specs Manual under General Purpose Relays.

OP Offline
That was my original idea, but i was kind of disappointed in the manual activation of a LK or softkey to latch, or toggle the ECR relay. It would be nice if they could be on-demand or a momentary key-op relay. I wish that KLD above could point me towards what he had seen in the past.

You would need a 3rd party box on a single line or trunk port, that can throw a relay on DTMF or when the line goes Off-Hook, so then you can sent DTMF to the radio, relay to kick transmit button. ECR card will do it, but you have to hit a button for relay controls. Look at some Viking electronics websites, one of there devices might do it, for Page controlling.

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,282
Posts638,763
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,442 Shoretel
188,296 CTX100 install
187,079 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 119 guests, and 189 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024